BOV function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
So I have a question. Had a Turbosmart E BOV installed on my 19 and it worked perfectly. Never any “odd” issues. Sold the truck and then installed it in my friends 18 and now on cold starts it seems to stay open for a minute then close as truck warms up. It functions perfectly as it should. It don’t do this if the truck is warmed up. Is this something in the programming of earlier Raptors or any ideas? Thanks

OP
OP
WynstonWolf

WynstonWolf

Reaction score
No it only does it at cold startup only. Not while in drive. Holds boost fine under loss while driving. That’s why I was curious if it was something in the programming of the earlier Raptors that was changed after 2019. Mine didn’t do it. My friends may have done this all along with the stick bypass valve in place but it would be silent and not noticeable since it’s dumping back into intake not to atmosphere.

ericburney

Desert is the best medicine
Reaction score
So I have a question. Had a Turbosmart E BOV installed on my 19 and it worked perfectly. Never any “odd” issues. Sold the truck and then installed it in my friends 18 and now on cold starts it seems to stay open for a minute then close as truck warms up. It functions perfectly as it should. It don’t do this if the truck is warmed up. Is this something in the programming of earlier Raptors or any ideas? Thanks
I called Turbosmart and they said the noise at warm up is the electric em bov purging the system. No noise on my 17 but it now makes noise on my 2020 engine. Works well.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a Turbosmart E BOV ?