GEN 1 Bought truck with 1 key and mykey activated. Help Please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappedtor

Reaction score
Hey there everyone,
I just picked up a 2014 SCAB that only came with one key and the mykey function is also enabled.

Seeing as I do not have the Admin key, does anyone have recommendations on how to program a new key?

Also wondering if you guys have any insight on how to clear the mykey function without taking it to the stealership.

Overall looking to clear mykey, and also program a new key asap, it's definitely not smart to have only one key for the truck.

Thanks guys

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will likely have to go to the dealer to get the second key programmed.

The cheapest way to switch the key function is with a forscan module.

OP
OP
Rappedtor

Rappedtor

Reaction score
You will likely have to go to the dealer to get the second key programmed.

The cheapest way to switch the key function is with a forscan module.
Personally I feel comfortable getting an OBD2 Scanner and doing it myself so long as it doesnt require me to mess with the Roush PCM tune.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can do the key programming with forscan as well, you will just have to get keys cut. If you take your title to a ford dealer they can cut an uncoded key for you, I am not sure what the cost is these days. You may be able to order a blank and have a local locksmith cut it.

OP
OP
Rappedtor

Rappedtor

Reaction score
You can do the key programming with forscan as well, you will just have to get keys cut. If you take your title to a ford dealer they can cut an uncoded key for you, I am not sure what the cost is these days. You may be able to order a blank and have a local locksmith cut it.
I was under the impression that I'd be able to order a blanket on Amazon and just get it cut???
Haven't been able to find one yet though that has "SVT" on it which is why I hadn't ordered.

Ill wait till a few more people chime in here before I order a key.
Definitely want to make sure this is a smooth process.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there everyone,
I just picked up a 2014 SCAB that only came with one key and the mykey function is also enabled.

Seeing as I do not have the Admin key, does anyone have recommendations on how to program a new key?

Also wondering if you guys have any insight on how to clear the mykey function without taking it to the stealership.

Overall looking to clear mykey, and also program a new key asap, it's definitely not smart to have only one key for the truck.

Thanks guys

Bought a 2014 SCREW and had exact same problem. Didn’t attempt Forscan, didn’t know about it then. Did go to dealership though. $150 for key and programming. $30 to access computer and reprogram admin key and reset mykey.

OP
OP
Rappedtor

Rappedtor

Reaction score
Bought a 2014 SCREW and had exact same problem. Didn’t attempt Forscan, didn’t know about it then. Did go to dealership though. $150 for key and programming. $30 to access computer and reprogram admin key and reset mykey.
Thanks for the input MFNG! Total $180?

Right now Im seeing blanks on Amazon for under $50, and an OBD2 Scanner is around $50 as well.
Thinking on grabbing the scanner to have as a resource in the future.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have to wipe the old keys and re-add the one you have, which is good and bad. Good is the old lost key will no longer work. Bad is there's also chance the one you have won't work with the re-programming for some reason and you'll have no keys that work, and then you gotta tow it to the dealer. Not heard of anyone having issues programming keys with Forscan, but there is that chance.

Get this scanner/programmer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/?tag=fordraptorforum-20 Just came out and was supposedly developed with the Forscan team. Has auto switching from MS to HS CAN which is sweet.

OP
OP
Rappedtor

Rappedtor

Reaction score
You have to wipe the old keys and re-add the one you have, which is good and bad. Good is the old lost key will no longer work. Bad is there's also chance the one you have won't work with the re-programming for some reason and you'll have no keys that work, and then you gotta tow it to the dealer. Not heard of anyone having issues programming keys with Forscan, but there is that chance.

Get this scanner/programmer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/?tag=fordraptorforum-20 Just came out and was supposedly developed with the Forscan team. Has auto switching from MS to HS CAN which is sweet.
I was actually looking at the bluetooth OBD Scanners that way I can have access to multiple apps.

My phone and computer are both apple products.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure the bluetooth is as reliable for programming. The big advantage with something like an ELM327 is you can use it to log and run gauges, anything your ECM sees you will be able to see over bluetooth.