6.2 Borla Vs Corsa

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by MJJ, Feb 26, 2014.

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
  1. MJJ

MJJ Member

Hi all. First off I am new here, new raptor owner (2013 6.2l) and new to mods.

I am looking to get a system that will give me a slightly louder/deeper sound (don't want to go "piss you neighbours off loud"). An issue I have is that here (Dubai) there doesn't seem to be such a wide variety of options and I'm not sure how good the labour will be. I am therefore looking at full cat back so I am not at the mercy of their handiwork too much (ie not sure about resonator delete).

I have 2 options that are similarly priced: Borla S-Type (#140383) and Corsa performance (#14387).

How would the collective brain power if the forum lean on this one. Am hearing some mixed things about both, and I think I am currently leaning towards the. Borla. How do people who have heard/run both feel?

Many thanks.

2. Madcowranch

Madcowranch Genetically Modified

I love my Corsa. I think the Borla is a little louder.

3. ButterZ3

ButterZ3 Member

Agreed, I run Corsa.

4. NickPic83

NickPic83 FRF Addict

i would go corsa xtreme

Brando and SHAI HULUD like this.
  5. Maxx2893

Maxx2893 Rock and Roll Offroad Supporting Member

Honestly, both are going to sound great. You really can't go wrong with either brand.

mjyst3 likes this.
  6. whataboutbob

whataboutbob Member

I have Borlas on my 2010 6.2, they are on the loud side. I can hear my truck start from 50 feet away and through a few walls. Can still hear it idling if its real quite.

Install was tough for me because I used regular truck jack and stands. A lot of turning here and there to get it over the rear axle. Cant see a regular garage shop having trouble installing it though. Its all bolt on.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  7. Mjolnir

Mjolnir FRF Addict

I have the Borla S

prior to my headers it has a nice sound on startup and good sound at WOT, but in cruising around town and highway driving there is no drone.

I do like that it doesn't run Y pipes coming off the cannister, which I think the Corsa does.

8. GotExhaust.com

GotExhaust.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Both will be right around the same sound level, with the Corsa Sport being just a tad throaty. You won't experience drone with either setup. We do ship to Dubai, so let us know if you'd like a quote.

9. whataboutbob

whataboutbob Member

To give you an idea of what the Borla sounds like, its actually a little louder now. Its been over a year since I installed it.

YouTube

10. FullAuto

FullAuto Full Access Member

The video is private.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014