Borla vs Corsa Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLJ

Reaction score
Ya, for sure I had thought the same!! I was seriously disappointed and about 2 grand later on exhaust I ended up playing music out my tailpipes when I drive!! LOL I've had People on the forums tell me that the engines are entirely different. With my S+B CAI when I get on it I can hear the turbos spooling a little with the windows down but I sure miss my old system.

Herk91

Reaction score
I have the Corsa cat back on a Gen1 and I’m quite happy with mine. I also had a Buick Grand Nat’l with the 3.8 putting 600hp to the ground. Previous owner gutted the catalytic converter; had a beautiful tone. Rumble was loud….and impressive! You guys with the 3.5 Eco motors wanting the rumble of a V8 probably won’t have it with the 3.5 and twin hairdryers. Turbos act a lot like mufflers.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I could not find the exact comparison I’m looking for. Have had my 2020 screw for a year now and been itching to get an exhaust. I do drive the family on road trips frequently so want something tolerable for that but at the same time am not a stranger to modified exhaust systems.
Has anyone had experience with the Corsa Sport, Corsa Extreme, and Borla S Type? Based on videos I think the Atak is likely too loud. Any opinions or constructive advice is appreciated!
I had Corsa Extreme on my 2014, 6.2, and LOVED it. I put the Corsa Extreme on my 2019, 3.5, and I liked it...for a while. It was just too loud for my taste when not just out having fun, so I took out the x-pipe and replaced the resonator.

It now sounds good on start-up, and quiets down after it runs a couple of minutes. I like the look of the larger tips, and it does wake up when you get on it. I think I hear it more at highway cruising than I did my 2014 with Extreme. And I KNOW I heard my 2019 with Extreme more while highway cruising, which is probably the biggest reason I got rid of the x-pipe with my 2019. Good luck with your quest to find the right setup for you!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly.

Start with Youtube. Corsa is an 8/10 on aggressive/obnoxious level. The Atak is a 10 and the Performance is a 5 to me.

I have Corsa and I love the way it sounds regardless of the obnoxious level of it :)

GEN 2 here.

M_NorthRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard alot of the borla exhausts and corsa's. In my opinion the AWE exhaust kit sounds the best and high grade stainless which is a big plus. Not to loud at certain speeds and when you open it up it sounds great

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Donovan do you have the Corsa extreme or sport?

The AWE sounds good but I can't imagine it not being pretty loud, it's essentially a straight pipe muffler delete.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Corsa is my personal preference and one of our top exhausts sold, it would be the top selling if it weren't for the price point.

My personal rank is in order below:

1. Corsa Extreme - deep, throaty idle and low sound through lower RPM band, minimal to zero drone
2. AWE Tuning 1FG/0FG - high end tuned V6 sound with a little low end grunt, minimal to zero drone
3. Borla ATAK WITH Borla Renator - similar to Corsa Xtreme but not as throaty and more expensive
4. Corsa Sport - deeper than stock, but not as deep as Extreme, zero drone
5. AWE 2FG - best budget option, tuned V6 sound but not too loud, has a tendency to rasp, needs over 1k miles to break-in
6. Borla S-Type - deeper than stock, but raspy and some drone
7. Borla ATAK - very loud, raspy, has drone - If you want LOUD, this is it

Hope this helps your decision. We carry all of them and have literally ALL of them in stock including the mid-pipe of full tail-pipe kits...with the exception of Corsa full cat-back kits with tailpipes but we've got those coming in next week.

Feel free to send me a message if we can help with any of the above options.

Additionally, we have a 15% off sale going on right now for MBRP exhausts that ends tomorrow at midnight. PM me for the discount on those, good for all makes and models as well.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corsa Sport. IMO, I’ve had a Corsa Sport system on my Silverado and multiple Corsa systems for cars. It seems like they engineer their truck systems to be different than the cars. It’s more subdued until you really get on it, which is a good setup especially if you tow.