Borla vs Corsa Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi All, I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I could not find the exact comparison I’m looking for. Have had my 2020 screw for a year now and been itching to get an exhaust. I do drive the family on road trips frequently so want something tolerable for that but at the same time am not a stranger to modified exhaust systems.
Has anyone had experience with the Corsa Sport, Corsa Extreme, and Borla S Type? Based on videos I think the Atak is likely too loud. Any opinions or constructive advice is appreciated!

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Atak is stupid loud and drones. You should consider the ford performance sport setup which is made by borla, its what i have and I love it. The corsa's are quality as well and do not drone.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 where the owner changed the muffler only to a magnaflow. Frankly I like quiet and would be happy with stock but this set up has absolutely no drone and is not loud unless you get on it. It’s pretty nice. In the end, nothing will make it sound like a grumbling V8 but the magnaflow swap is a good option.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I know this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I could not find the exact comparison I’m looking for. Have had my 2020 screw for a year now and been itching to get an exhaust. I do drive the family on road trips frequently so want something tolerable for that but at the same time am not a stranger to modified exhaust systems.
Has anyone had experience with the Corsa Sport, Corsa Extreme, and Borla S Type? Based on videos I think the Atak is likely too loud. Any opinions or constructive advice is appreciated!
I just installed an AWE 2FG Muffler delete H-pipe $500. Sounds really good to me, zero drone. It's just loud enough to sound good but not obnoxious like the Borla

BLJ

Reaction score
I had Borla S type on my 2019 Raptor and it was absolutely horrible!! I switched to Corsa extreme and it ok. Not great but not horrible.

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had Borla S type on my 2019 Raptor and it was absolutely horrible!! I switched to Corsa extreme and it ok. Not great but not horrible.
@BLJ why did you hate the S Type, and why don't you like the Extreme very much?

I would really prefer not to change the tailpipes, so the Ford Performance exhausts are out. Looking for something that replaces the muffler or mid-pipe section only.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

I would really prefer not to change the tailpipes, so the Ford Performance exhausts are out. Looking for something that replaces the muffler or mid-pipe section only.
Corsa sells a muffler only. I just ordered one from Nick@Apollo-Optics

BLJ

Reaction score

The Borla S type sounded so hollow, trombone ish and sounded like an import. The corsa is better at half throttle but if you really get on it it sounds like a trombone also. It's the lesser of the evil's I guess. I just wish these newer eco's sounded like my 2012 f150 did with the corsa. You could hear the turbos whistle all the time and was throaty and sounded really good. I was expecting the same on my 2019 Raptor but I learned something the hard/expensive way. The newer eco's just won't sound good with aftermarket exhaust. I haven't heard the ford performance set up yet though!

OP
OP
BoostCreep

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s interesting, I would’ve expected the gen 1, 3.5eb to essentially sound the same with the same exhaust setup.