Borla tailpipes vs stock tailpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asteele711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got their S-Type exhaust and I think it sounds as good as a V6 is going to sound. If you want a little more rumble than what stock offers, go with the S-Type. Plus cold start sounds pretty good for a V6! Here's my comparison from stock to S-Type

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got their S-Type exhaust and I think it sounds as good as a V6 is going to sound. If you want a little more rumble than what stock offers, go with the S-Type. Plus cold start sounds pretty good for a V6! Here's my comparison from stock to S-Type

Is the ford performance exhaust for the raptor the same as the Borla S type. Meaning is the S TYPE you have actually the same system that ford sells thru their performance store.

I thought Borla and ford worked together to design and build the raptor performance exhaust that's on their website ?

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow - stock was much nicer!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is the ford performance exhaust for the raptor the same as the Borla S type. Meaning is the S TYPE you have actually the same system that ford sells thru their performance store.

I thought Borla and ford worked together to design and build the raptor performance exhaust that's on their website ?

Borla did manufacture the kits for Ford Performance. However, the FP kits are all one product for the mid-pipes and full tailpipes. You have two sound options with Ford Performance: Touring and Sport. The Touring is slightly more aggressive than Stock. The Sport is a bit louder. I'd compare the Sport to the Borla S-Type setup with the added Borla Resonator.

Hope this clarifies things a bit for you!

Thanks,

Nick

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No they are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk