Borla exhaust check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the sound of the stock muffler on my 2019 raptor but I wana **** off my neighbors and I was thinking about Borla attack exhaust. The only concern I got is the engine light sensor. Did any one of u experienced that problem??? I’m not planning to instal the power commander computer just the muffler by it self. Should I be concerned with the check engine light?

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I be concerned with the check engine light?
In the simplest term, yes. HOW concerned would depend on the specific error code, it could be quite minor, but until you know...you don't know.

Do you have a OBD reader?

EDIT: In to hear more about the sounds of your new exhaust :)

roushraptor13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the sound of the stock muffler on my 2019 raptor but I wana **** off my neighbors and I was thinking about Borla attack exhaust. The only concern I got is the engine light sensor. Did any one of u experienced that problem??? I’m not planning to instal the power commander computer just the muffler by it self. Should I be concerned with the check engine light?
I installed the atak borla on my 19 the day after I got it which was about 2 weeks ago and have put almost 1500 miles on it and I haven't had any issues yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No OBD yet.. I wonder is it really worth a headache... probably not
It could be a glitch, but I would not recommend ignoring it.

One thing you can try is to reset the computers. Leave the battery disconnected for ~24 hours or so, then reconnect and drive around for a while and see if (and how soon) the light comes back on.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you may want to go to the Gen 2 forum...where there are OTHER Gen 2 owners.

Furthermore, even with a stock exhaust you're going to make your neighbors angry, because that motor sounds horrible.

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you may want to go to the Gen 2 forum...where there are OTHER Gen 2 owners.

Furthermore, even with a stock exhaust you're going to make your neighbors angry, because that motor sounds horrible.
I thought this was a gen 2 forum

I love the sound of the engine! Perhaps you should join jake17 and buy a ram

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be a glitch, but I would not recommend ignoring it.

One thing you can try is to reset the computers. Leave the battery disconnected for ~24 hours or so, then reconnect and drive around for a while and see if (and how soon) the light comes back on.

I don’t have the borla exhaust yet. I read previous comments about the light engine problems so I was wonder if anyone else is experiencing problems on the 2019

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a gen 2 forum

I love the sound of the engine! Perhaps you should join jake17 and buy a ram

So it sounds like more, you may have a reading comprehension issue?

I enjoy my 6.2, thanks :)

OP
OP
Dirtypope

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it sounds like more, you may have a reading comprehension issue?

I enjoy my 6.2, thanks :)

Enjoy your big ego and your used 6.2 ;)

Im all about numbers and tech

To bad i wont be able to hear your 6.2 but I could definitely enjoy your truck in my back view mirror

Last edited: