Borla Atak Exhaust question (used one for sale)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermoose

Reaction score
Hey guys...so I should be picking up a 2018 Raptor this Saturday. Perusing around I found a used Borla Atak muffler system for sale. Looking at the pictures, it is missing the x-pipe and some clamps. I presume the clamps are no big deal, however, I wanted to know if the x-pipe was necessary to actually complete the installation or if I could get away with out it. Alternatively, is there a place to get an x-pipe if needed?

Also, to that end, is this the proper piece for a Super Crew?

The exhaust is only $350 so if it's a good deal I want to jump on it after I get the truck.

From the description

Selling a Borla exhaust Atak system: mufflers and connector pipe * not the Y pipe. You may need a female-female connector to use it without the Y pipe ($5 at advance). Pull up their site for more info. Fits crew cab Ford raptors 2017-2020.

00o0o_cxghk5s9VGFz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Xpipe is much needed to make the torque and sound. It makes the crossover torque and balances the banks and makes the sound. *IF* you know a good exhaust/welder he shoukd be able to reproduce that X-pipe part of the system.

If all that is missing (from cat back I assume) is the 'X' or crossover part then I would offer say...200-250 and tell tem that the important part is missing. Get close to that and go for it, thats an expensive system, like I said a good exhaust guy can recreate it. Muffler and tips are worth that much

OP
OP
S

supermoose

Reaction score
Would another brand xpipe work? Say like the MBRP?

Sorry, I'm coming from the Subaru world where I had an STi at one point, so these exhaust systems are new to me.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...so I should be picking up a 2018 Raptor this Saturday. Perusing around I found a used Borla Atak muffler system for sale. Looking at the pictures, it is missing the x-pipe and some clamps. I presume the clamps are no big deal, however, I wanted to know if the x-pipe was necessary to actually complete the installation or if I could get away with out it. Alternatively, is there a place to get an x-pipe if needed?

Also, to that end, is this the proper piece for a Super Crew?

The exhaust is only $350 so if it's a good deal I want to jump on it after I get the truck.

From the description

View attachment 339053
I would pass on this. It has been said before that these are loud, and sound may not be the most appealing. I would bet the seller kept the x pipe and put stock back on. Keep in mind that the aftermarket mufflers won’t ever make it sound like a v8, or give it a subtle burble like your subby days. If you are trying to improve sound, look at the equal length inlets like the gen 3 has. Or, just keep it stock. Many here will agree and tell you to just stay stock.