GEN 2 Borla ATAK best price in a long time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the comparison video. The sound clips showing the truck driving from the outside do not seem realistic for any of the videos, including the stock exhaust. I am not sure what they did to "enhance" the sound, but I know my stock Raptor never sounded like the one they posted.

Audio clips are never perfect but I actually thought they did a very good job capturing the stock sound. Besides the Borla name, the video (again, with good headphones, not your phone or iPad speakers...) I think really captured what my stock Raptor sounded like, both of which moved me toward my purchase. And after getting the ATAK, I think the video sounds pretty realistic though does not give the penetrating depth of the sound which you hear in person.

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The listing you show is NOT for the Raptor (notice it says “excluding Raptor” in the heading). You can purchase the x pipe mid section which is the most common (and cost effective) way. RC Garage still has it at the very best price around ($903). You can get the pipes/tips in a few different flavors; if memory serves, I think you can get polished SS, Matte black tips, and Carbon Fiber tips (which look great but are spendy buggers).

Most opt for mid pipes which is where you get the most bang for your buck. Exhaust tips on the stock Raptor are pretty beefy and good looking but if you want a different look, can either opt for the pipes with tips, or cut off your tips and put on new ones.

https://rcagarage.com/shop/exhaust-...MI5uW0jNTf6AIVXSCtBh03mQD1EAkYASABEgLJOfD_BwE

Bill7471

Reaction score
derrr..missed that. OK so the borla mid section atak it is. Any reason to get different tail pipes? I haven't done an exhaust swap before. Right now i have a stock 2012 that i am upgrading for an 18. Is all the sound difference in the mid swap?

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't decide between the atak and the Fi exhaust. Also I don't want to be full tilt all the time so does any raptor exhaust have a valve option?

OP
OP
Troutrad

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
derrr..missed that. OK so the borla mid section atak it is. Any reason to get different tail pipes? I haven't done an exhaust swap before. Right now i have a stock 2012 that i am upgrading for an 18. Is all the sound difference in the mid swap?

I personally don’t see much advantage to tail section/pipes though the build on the Borla pipes is clearly better than stock and will last longer. Yeah, all the sound difference is in the mid-pipes. The tips by Borla, particularly the Carbon Fiber do look pretty amazing but they are also the most expensive. I think the stock tips are pretty good looking though have considered cutting them and adding some RBP’s to accent my Ruby Red.... still mulling that one over but I think they’d look pretty good for not too much money. Just checked the ad and still a great price at $902.99... a lot better than I got em on sale a few months ago.

Btw, Bill, to get someone to respond, if you use the “quote” at the bottom right when you post, the person you quote will get notified (like you did for this post). Otherwise, they may never check back into the thread and see your message. Cheers.

BB83FFB6-5571-4763-8052-14B9D2A6DEE1.jpeg