Bora 1” spacers on oem 37 beadlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bearing location does not change. Just the application of force in relation to it.
That’s exactly my point, the bearing location doesn’t change and the location of the force is determined by the location of the tire, 34mm spacer or 0 offset makes no difference.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s exactly my point, the bearing location doesn’t change and the location of the force is determined by the location of the tire, 34mm spacer or 0 offset makes no difference.
Not that it matters because my profession seems like it’s being dragged through the mud here, but I am an engineer as well. You are spot on. Basic physics. I encourage anyone interested in the topic to physically draw out their own free body diagram and post it as proof of their opinion before thinking different. Words can be misinterpreted, the FBD is crystal clear.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I may be wrong. But I stand by the fact the wheel is a solid piece delivering the force. Total force is the same, I am just saying the bearing is taking more of it. Below is an engineering study on it.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I may be wrong. But I stand by the fact the wheel is a solid piece delivering the force. Total force is the same, I am just saying the bearing is taking more of it. Below is an engineering study on it.
Solid article that supports what I’ve been saying, the bearing load comes from the wheel centerline, so 0 offset wheels vs 34mm spacers are the same and exert the same forces on the suspension. Both will negatively impact scrub radius.

As @pnwobrigade mentioned above, I would trust the integrity of the factory wheels and a quality spacer like Bora over the majority of aftermarket wheels, even if they are two pieces.

Getting something like a forged Innov8 wheel would be the best but they’re pricey.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that are running spacers, did you use Loctite? I’ve gotten conflicting answers.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that are running spacers, did you use Loctite? I’ve gotten conflicting answers.
Never use loctite on spacers. Standard installation is to torque to 150 ft lbs without lubricant, and check torque after a few hundred miles or so. Just like you do when installing wheels. After that check the torque every tire rotation and after ever hard off road run, just like you do with wheels.

Loosescrews1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never use loctite on spacers. Standard installation is to torque to 150 ft lbs without lubricant, and check torque after a few hundred miles or so. Just like you do when installing wheels. After that check the torque every tire rotation and after ever hard off road run, just like you do with wheels.
Much appreciated!