GEN 2 Boosting and not really downshifting to match the proposed gearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Titles are always hard to write.

Long story short

Pedal goes down, doesn't really shift down as fast as it should, plenty of boost, like, all of it.. 17 18 19 pounds. It should be going into like 3rd at around that 50/60mph but just sits at around 5/6th gear and the boost carries the load of moving the truck forward if you will.

Almost like its braking and not going forward fast enough even though the power is there. Weird.

Tuned - MPT 93 tune
No bad gas
SPD downpipes
CORSA exhaust

No other engine mods.

Running around with a limp Johnson over here. No check engine

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you tried returning it to the stock tune? When's the last time you cleaned all of your maf sensors, air filter, etc.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Running around with a limp Johnson over here. No check engine
Nope, you can't check your engine with a limp Johnson. I hope you get that fixed. Does your tune include transmission? Could it be that your transmission has learned too much about you and needs a reset?

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will see what happens when I restart it after work.

Otherwise, I will take the tune off, then get this TSB for the transmission taken care of and put tune back on. I will also check the air filter and where is the MAF located @CoronaRaptor ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will see what happens when I restart it after work.

Otherwise, I will take the tune off, then get this TSB for the transmission taken care of and put tune back on. I will also check the air filter and where is the MAF located @CoronaRaptor ?

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also sucked in Sport mode. Hopefully he is fixed after I just restart it. Otherwise...

1. MAP clean
2. Air filter swap
3. Plugs

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’d be checking for codes with FORSCAN. Especially something with a “value out of range” connotation.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have all that fancy technology.

The truck appears to be working fine now. Seems like its intermittent. Its on my list for today to just do the air filter and clean the sensors anyways. I'll do plugs at 120k.