GEN 2 Bolt-on Front Bumper Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I combed thru every bolt on bumper and it was a hard choice between add and fab four for me. I believe those are there best two looking options out there.

ittybittyfds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have been researching this topic for a while now myself. I was pretty sold on the ADD bolt on but then people on FB were talking about ADD rusting prematurely...so Now I am looking at the RPG.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed my new ADD bumper (ok..it was last weekend) and prior I was checking out the whole thing and saw no paint/coating issues at...BUT living in So. Cal we have about the lease rust issues in the country....

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have been researching this topic for a while now myself. I was pretty sold on the ADD bolt on but then people on FB were talking about ADD rusting prematurely...so Now I am looking at the RPG.

I’ve heard this as well, several complaints about the products rusting right off the bat. I live in the south so its not a huge deal breaker but still aggravating to think about.

TheWrench

Reaction score
I just installed the ADD. Super easy install. Looks and feels like a quality part. Probably lighter than stock consider the giant skid plate and intercooler scoop were eliminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk53b402382d17bde125c3d3634f0ff113.jpg

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each his own but yuk...don't like the look at all and it seems like a lot of money and hassle to make the truck look worse. There are very few aftermarlet bumper that enhance look/functionality of the truck...pretty much only the Shelby version...save money and keep it stock...even if you increase approach angle you still have to deal with departure angle and for the ugliness of the whole thing I just don't get the appeal. I'm sorry not trying to trash your choice just searching for why people would do this to their ride and I also concede that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it would be hard to make this awesome truck look bad overall:)