GEN 2 Bolt-on Front Bumper Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my new ADD Pro front bumper....Some thoughts...

1) there is a shutter box that needs to be completely removed, but instructions were somewhat vague..

2) After removing the shutter box, there is a rubber sealing piece across the top where the stock bumper was...No instructions on what to do with that...We left it in place and drilled holes in the lower grille shell to zip-ty the rubber piece AND the small wire harness that runs right across the IC space...(see photo 2 sorry bad lighting) and left it to fit under the bumpers main tube...
3) The bumpers lower section where the new skid plate is bolted to is to bolt back up to the same x-member as factory, HOWEVER..the new bumper piece is flat and the secondary skid plate has ribs embossed on it, and simply bolting on the new portion on top of the embossed plate would just "squish" it flat...we added several flat washers to take up the small gap on the rib so we could tighten it up without flattening the secondary skid plate...
4) All the hardware fit just fine, as did the bumper and ADD did a great job bending the main tube to fit the contours of the front of these trucks...real tight and correct...Very happy with fit and finish...and looks better in person then the photos...

Took just under 2 hrs and we spent extra time making sure the harness wasn't going to fall down later...Oh yeah...ADD gives you an ass load of very HD brackets to bolt on just about any light system...

View attachment 125275

View attachment 125276
Looks great!

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm very happy with how it looks....another "feature" is the left and right areas in front of the tire are now opened up to get a better approch angle when when coming in a little sideways....just like the front bumper on the ZR2 Colorado...

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the overhang and how far the bumper extends past the grill on the svc from the top kills it for me. ADD is a very nice and tight bumper.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must be odd man out. I prefer the SVC. I like the lines and skid better.
Not so much....the SVC buper looks good also, I just liked the ADD a little better because the front camera isn't compromised...I run the SVC bump stops and are totally satisfied....

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing this into a little mega thread about any raptor bolt on front bumper just to discuss differences, located all of these so far:

RPG Off-road:
B5543D20-E129-4F36-9C43-148D1F4A0A64.jpeg

Krazy house:
E16AB1B9-5DA7-433A-A13B-3757B8436A56.jpeg

Icon:
6E076013-D3D3-40DA-AE0E-31B0568A3282.jpeg

Fab Four:
C10381F1-3C12-4E09-B474-93A5A49D69D9.jpeg

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Icon bumper however like loufish said the opened up space in front of the tires from the ADD takes the cake for me, it looks great.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems the top players all make good looking bumpers, it just the style that most people don't agree on....which is cool because we all like something we think is somewhat unique...

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Icon bumper however like loufish said the opened up space in front of the tires from the ADD takes the cake for me, it looks great.

Agreed, really like the ADD. Only concern I'd really have with it is having to make sure the front of the truck underneath is always spotless and no rust on anything or it would look like shit. Pry a good concern to have, though.