GEN 2 Bolt-on Front Bumper Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMaxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's your opinion on the Warn Bumper? Says you can add a Winch later, without removing the Bumper, and you don't need to cut the Frame or move the Intercooler.

s-l1600.jpg

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any that don't rust, or do they pretty much all rust unless you live in the desert?

GLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those with the ADD pro bolt on, what lights are yall running in the bumper?

I'm running six BD Squadrons - two Racer Edition spots, two Pro's in Driving/Combo, and two Amber Sports in Wide Cornering.

This combo works well and the light output at each range is great - I'm in Dallas so let me know if you want to take a look.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running six BD Squadrons - two Racer Edition spots, two Pro's in Driving/Combo, and two Amber Sports in Wide Cornering.

This combo works well and the light output at each range is great - I'm in Dallas so let me know if you want to take a look.

I might, debating on light bar or set up like yours. trying to see what the consensus is. I appreciate it, if I go your route I will definitely come take a look. thanks

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's your opinion on the Warn Bumper? Says you can add a Winch later, without removing the Bumper, and you don't need to cut the Frame or move the Intercooler.

View attachment 129081

It protrudes very far from the front of the truck. It will work with the OEM intercooler, but it doesn block air flow to it. It also will need an ACC relocation bracket, and Warn does not provide one.

Also, you do not have to cut the frame for a winch bumper. You only have to move the OEM intercooler to make room for the winch in those bumpers. Frame cut bumpers are only required for those wanting extreme approach angles.

Are there any that don't rust, or do they pretty much all rust unless you live in the desert?

As long as the bumper is fully powdercoated/painted, it won’t rust. If you want additional protection, you could look at having the bumper Line-X’d upon arrival for the ultimate protection. I would recommend going with a Line-X that has UV protection so it won’t fade over time.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as the bumper is fully powdercoated/painted, it won’t rust. If you want additional protection, you could look at having the bumper Line-X’d upon arrival for the ultimate protection. I would recommend going with a Line-X that has UV protection so it won’t fade over time.

Its a long winter up here.

This isn't "out mudding/playing", this is "driving to work daily"

most of that is white/salt, and of course a bunch is tan/dirt.

4nuuhb7.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its a long winter up here.

This isn't "out mudding/playing", this is "driving to work daily"

most of that is white/salt, and of course a bunch is tan/dirt.

4nuuhb7.jpg

I'd look into Line-X on the bumpers. Or having them shipped raw so you can have them powder coated locally and not worry about potential finish issues during shipping.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ADD Venom front. Will post rear pics soon as well as an updated pic with the bolts replaced to black:

Front-Bumper-1.jpg

Looks great! Deciding between this and pro bolt on if I can’t pull the trigger on frame cut :)

Did you get the bolts replaced to black? That’s the thing I’m not thrilled about with the Venom R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro