Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 Bolt-on Front Bumper Discussion

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by Leftsidej, Jun 18, 2019.

1. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Full Access Member

What's your opinion on the Warn Bumper? Says you can add a Winch later, without removing the Bumper, and you don't need to cut the Frame or move the Intercooler.

s-l1600.jpg

2. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

Are there any that don't rust, or do they pretty much all rust unless you live in the desert?

3. GLT

GLT Full Access Member

I'm running six BD Squadrons - two Racer Edition spots, two Pro's in Driving/Combo, and two Amber Sports in Wide Cornering.

This combo works well and the light output at each range is great - I'm in Dallas so let me know if you want to take a look.

4. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

I might, debating on light bar or set up like yours. trying to see what the consensus is. I appreciate it, if I go your route I will definitely come take a look. thanks

GLT likes this.
  5. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It protrudes very far from the front of the truck. It will work with the OEM intercooler, but it doesn block air flow to it. It also will need an ACC relocation bracket, and Warn does not provide one.

Also, you do not have to cut the frame for a winch bumper. You only have to move the OEM intercooler to make room for the winch in those bumpers. Frame cut bumpers are only required for those wanting extreme approach angles.

As long as the bumper is fully powdercoated/painted, it won’t rust. If you want additional protection, you could look at having the bumper Line-X’d upon arrival for the ultimate protection. I would recommend going with a Line-X that has UV protection so it won’t fade over time.

6. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

Its a long winter up here.

This isn't "out mudding/playing", this is "driving to work daily"

most of that is white/salt, and of course a bunch is tan/dirt.

[​IMG]

7. Wileecoyote

Wileecoyote Full Access Member

I bought a cheap Chinese $180 20" bar on Amazon. Light bars are banned in my province for on-road use, and I'm not going to be off-roading at night much. It's just for filling the hole.

8. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'd look into Line-X on the bumpers. Or having them shipped raw so you can have them powder coated locally and not worry about potential finish issues during shipping.

9. f150jack

f150jack Full Access Member

well after many months I went and bought one and put it on today. decided on light bar will be put on this weekend.

20190917_191145.jpg

10. Mbdurham

Mbdurham Full Access Member

Looks great! Deciding between this and pro bolt on if I can’t pull the trigger on frame cut :)

Did you get the bolts replaced to black? That’s the thing I’m not thrilled about with the Venom R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[email protected] likes this.