GEN 2 Bolt-on Front Bumper Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know how 37s would work with the ADD bolt on with eibachs/geiser/perch collars? Curious if trimming would be required to fit 37s if you went with aftermarket bumper instead of trimming stock

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks sharp! Is the collars/ level required to fit the wheel/tires? Or would trimming be enough?

What is the backspacing/offset of the 601s?

If you run a 35x12.50x20, you can get away with just doing some minor trimming at full lock. Since we ran the 325 (taller and wider), we had big collars and trimmed for full clearance.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Phenomenal look. What wheel setup are you rocking?

Looks like the Method 315.

Does anyone happen to know how 37s would work with the ADD bolt on with eibachs/geiser/perch collars? Curious if trimming would be required to fit 37s if you went with aftermarket bumper instead of trimming stock

Yes, trimming will still be required on the backside of the fender well, close to the firewall. It's mostly just plastic. Maybe hammering a bit of metal, depends on how aggressive of a wheel/tire setup you have.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Method 315.

Yes, trimming will still be required on the backside of the fender well, close to the firewall. It's mostly just plastic. Maybe hammering a bit of metal, depends on how aggressive of a wheel/tire setup you have.

Thanks for the info! I have some +0s on at the moment, so I’m assuming that wouldn’t help at all in my case for 37s, lol.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I have some +0s on at the moment, so I’m assuming that wouldn’t help at all in my case for 37s, lol.

It’s not ideal. But a 17x8.5 0 offset and a 17x9 +12 offset are pretty close to each other.

Ideally, the more positive, the better as far as 37” fitment is concerned.

OP
OP
Leftsidej

Leftsidej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not ideal. But a 17x8.5 0 offset and a 17x9 +12 offset are pretty close to each other.

Ideally, the more positive, the better as far as 37” fitment is concerned.
I’m trying to find the post, but someone mentioned the ko2s aren’t true 35, and measured another brand of tire side by side and the difference looked somewhat substantial. Appears a “true” 35 may have a beefier appearance than the ko2.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I’m trying to find the post, but someone mentioned the ko2s aren’t true 35, and measured another brand of tire side by side and the difference looked somewhat substantial. Appears a “true” 35 may have a beefier appearance than the ko2.

That's correct. The stock tires are 34.6" tall. Most 35" tires are not "true 35s". For example, the 35x12.50x20 tires are usually 34.7" or so. Vs a tire like the 325/60R20 is a true 35.0" tall tire. They're all different, but it's something to consider and varies from one band to another.

for those with the ADD pro bolt on, what lights are yall running in the bumper?

We've had people run the gambit on them. Straight 20" bars, curved 20" bars, 10" Bar plus cubes, 6 cubes from all brands you can think of. Really just depends on the look that you want and what you want to get out of your lighting setup.