Bogging down when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jacob10howard

Reaction score
Have a 2011 with a Whipple SC, ran great for a while just recently been having issues with it bogging down when I accelerate, check engine light comes on have to let it coast a bit til I’m allowed to get in the gas again! Always says coil pack 8 issue then goes away but I’ve replaced it 2 times now and wanna see if there is a more sufficient way to fix this problem!

Reaction score
I would investigate the fuel pump. I was having similar issues and code was pointing to coil pack 5 but it turned out to be fuel pump.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get one of the live ECM scanners (torque app and an ELM 327 module will do what you need cheap). Log fuel pressure through a pull and see what it is doing. Report back with findings and you can do more logging diagnostics or replace what is needed if you find the problem. No reason to shotgun parts when there are so many inexpensive diagnostics tools available.

Did you change the plugs when you put in the new coil pack?

Next time rather than buying a new coil pack just trade packs from the bad cylinder to another, if it moves you know the pack is the problem (they tend to be pretty reliable).