Bluetooth Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to any of you?

2014 Raptor..

When playing music using the bluetooth connection has any of you experienced a sudden loss in volume of the music?

I was playing my music at level when it suddenly got softer..I turned up the volume using the knob but when I exited the truck the radio losses connection with the iPhone the volume gets really loud as it is assigned on the radio..
However, once I get back in the volume goes soft again.

Any suggestions as to correct this?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Check the volume for the audio on your phone. Sometimes it'll drop down, you compensate by the truck, and then when AM or FM kick on it'll blast.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a sudden loss of volume..... what were you listening to? iheart radio, pandora, etc..... also check the phone volume like jimbo stated, howver to have it happen suddenly would mean it is something else.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I have a motorola droid turbo (excellent phone btw). Moto has this retarded volume warning that pops up every time the phone is rebooted or every 24 hours of music listening that will drop the volume from 100% (such as when connected to trucks Bluetooth) down to roughly 75%. And it will do it while listening to music, after which I have to hit "OK" and then turn phones volume back to 100%. Kinda annoying but kinda sounds like the same problem the OP has....

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be the speed compensation level set on your truck? My 2012 has it.

OP
OP
Varhammer

Varhammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5s.
The speed compensation choice is turned off.
Just streaming music from the phone to the truck using bluetooth.

I read in another thread to try a reboot of the phone to see it that works..
I'll let you all know if that helps.