Bluetooth audio cutout for 1 second after startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azoufan

Reaction score
In the last 4 years I've had a 2012 Raptor Screw, 2013 Platinum and now a 2014 Raptor Screw (yes, the Platinum was a stop gap purchase after selling the original Raptor in the divorce. Good to be home!) and every one of them had this issue.

After starting up the truck, my iPhone connects, starts playing a podcast, music, etc. whatever I was listening to previously. All of that works fine. In about the time it takes to put on my seatbelt and get ready to go, the audio cuts out completely for 1-2 seconds, then resumes with no other issues for the rest of the drive. The song or whatever I'm listening to keeps playing, so it's not that the audio pauses, it just loses connectivity or something. As I mentioned before, this has happened in 3 different trucks, the 2012 with the original Sync system and the 2013 and 2014 with the My Ford Touch version, AND it has happened across 3 different phones, iPhone 4, 5 and 6, along with who knows how many IOS versions. All 3 trucks had the nav unit installed.

Anyone else or did I buy the 3 trucks in the world that have this issue?

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the last 4 years I've had a 2012 Raptor Screw, 2013 Platinum and now a 2014 Raptor Screw (yes, the Platinum was a stop gap purchase after selling the original Raptor in the divorce. Good to be home!) and every one of them had this issue.

After starting up the truck, my iPhone connects, starts playing a podcast, music, etc. whatever I was listening to previously. All of that works fine. In about the time it takes to put on my seatbelt and get ready to go, the audio cuts out completely for 1-2 seconds, then resumes with no other issues for the rest of the drive. The song or whatever I'm listening to keeps playing, so it's not that the audio pauses, it just loses connectivity or something. As I mentioned before, this has happened in 3 different trucks, the 2012 with the original Sync system and the 2013 and 2014 with the My Ford Touch version, AND it has happened across 3 different phones, iPhone 4, 5 and 6, along with who knows how many IOS versions. All 3 trucks had the nav unit installed.

Anyone else or did I buy the 3 trucks in the world that have this issue?
Hi azoufan,

Here are some great troubleshooting tips that may help: Troubleshooting Tips For SYNC With MyFord Touch | SYNC Help |Official Ford Owner Site Give them a shot!

When you get to tip #2, you can hold the POWER and HOME buttons on your iPhone to soft reset it. This is equivalent to removing the battery. If you get to the end of the page where it suggests a master reset, I noticed that the link was missing from this page for some reason. Here are the steps: How to perform a master reset

I've provided links for the MyFord Touch system. Please let me know if your vehicle is equipped with basic SYNC instead. I'll be happy to provide new links.

Kim