Bluecruise in 2023 Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I use CC and Lane keep assist and it works fairly well. Steers around corners and everything. All the hardware required for BC is installed I believe. I simply don’t understand why lane keep assist works with the Raptor, but BC doesn’t. I’m sure we will never really know.
Software calculations and accuracy needed for the company feel comfortable to offer true hands free are an order of magnitude higher than with the drivers hands on the wheel

dthiss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Software calculations and accuracy needed for the company feel comfortable to offer true hands free are an order of magnitude higher than with the drivers hands on the wheel
Yet they can do those calculations on a standard F150. I’m sure the engineers are smart enough to take the additional specs of the Raptor into account. Seems pretty logical to limit BC to a particular drive mode, say only in normal mode or something like that. Simply doesn’t compute for me.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet they can do those calculations on a standard F150. I’m sure the engineers are smart enough to take the additional specs of the Raptor into account. Seems pretty logical to limit BC to a particular drive mode, say only in normal mode or something like that. Simply doesn’t compute for me.
agree, they “could” do it but from the perspective of self driving software the raptor is an all new vehicle. different track, width, height, steering ratio, tire sizes, brakes, engine calibration. My assumption is they thought it would be easy to add in then determined the problems were too costly to solve
For raptor annual volume.
Especially when compared to their assumptions around whether blue cruise would be be a decision making feature.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the lane centering and cruise control are almost blue cruise and they work pretty poorly. I wouldn’t be too excited about any self driving from Ford. The lane centering almost killed me a few times already.

Gen 2 lane keep assist and ACC we’re not nearly as good as what’s in the Gen 3. It is a significant difference. Much smoother acceleration/deceleration for the adaptive cruise control and the steering control for lane keep is not as jerky. It’s honestly pretty damn good in comparison. What issues have you experienced in the gen 3?

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gen 2 lane keep assist and ACC we’re not nearly as good as what’s in the Gen 3. It is a significant difference. Much smoother acceleration/deceleration for the adaptive cruise control and the steering control for lane keep is not as jerky. It’s honestly pretty damn good in comparison. What issues have you experienced in the gen 3?
The first problem is that it keeps you very close to the left side lane, and you have to constantly be putting pressure on your arm to move it more center. When traveling in the far right lane it has sometimes tried to follow the exit ramp rather than continuing straight and in the left lane it has sometimes almost driven into the cement barriers.

I would never trust it 100% that's all I guess I am saying.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first problem is that it keeps you very close to the left side lane, and you have to constantly be putting pressure on your arm to move it more center. When traveling in the far right lane it has sometimes tried to follow the exit ramp rather than continuing straight and in the left lane it has sometimes almost driven into the cement barriers.

I would never trust it 100% that's all I guess I am saying.
The manual says that it keeps to the placement in the lane when you activate it. So if you are to the left, it should keep you there. It would be nice if it showed what it's "trying" to do somewhere though.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only played with it a little, but it seems to keep me pretty well centered if I activate it in the center of the lane. Not a huge fan of the lane keeping but am very pleased with the adaptive cruise. It seems smoother than any other system I have experienced. That being said, when some ******* pulls into your lane it can go into collision avoidance, so you better be ready for that. I am more concerned that I am going to get rear ended if the vehicle behind me isn't paying attention. On at least one occasion, it has been pretty aggressive on the brakes.