BlueCruise and aftermarket bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's relatively likely. You would have to relocate the adaptive cruise control module but that is nothing new. It can be a little touchy to get it setup when relocated but not generally a big deal. The rest of the related monitoring system, I think, is up in the windshield.

OP
OP
ganooch

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's relatively likely. You would have to relocate the adaptive cruise control module but that is nothing new. It can be a little touchy to get it setup when relocated but not generally a big deal. The rest of the related monitoring system, I think, is up in the windshield.
I hope you are right. Those sensors in the bumper are at precise angles. I would think that a differently designed bumper, particularly with a better approach angle, would change the relative position of them. If those are only proximity sensors and not part of the auto-pilot system, then you are right it shouldn't matter.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right. Those sensors in the bumper are at precise angles. I would think that a differently designed bumper, particularly with a better approach angle, would change the relative position of them. If those are only proximity sensors and not part of the auto-pilot system, then you are right it shouldn't matter.
I would imagine the ACC sensor plays a larger role in Super Cruise performance compared to the small proximity sensors. Those proximity sensors I believe are ultrasonic and short range. The ACC sensor I believe is radar and much longer range. Super Cruise would seem to lean heavy on image recognition from the Copilot 360 added camera in the windshield along with additional inputs from the ACC sensor. The proximity sensors may be used some too (big fan of more data) but it seems like it would have to be very minimal at low speed situations.

But really I have no idea, just my feeling.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Based on the Workshop Manual information, it appears to be a similar system to the current Adaptive Cruise Control system. However, with the ability for the vehicle to be driven “hands free”, I would expect the fault tolerances to be much tighter.

nkmkrakmdgg

Reaction score
Is bluecruise available yet for any of you guys? I have her know information other than Ford is trying to get it out by Q1 of next year.