Blown Turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Brandin10

Reaction score
Mine just did this and I am at the dealer right now. Picked it up after cam phaser work and only made it a few blocks. If it is the pipe you will have very little power. I could only really get it up to 50 with our it screaming like a vacuumed cleaner.
Yes this is exactly what mine was doing. Screaming like a vaccum cleaner and significant power loss. I thought maybe a blown hose but I couldn't hear any air only the screaming. Dealer still hasn't looked at it. They are waiting for one of thier better mechanics to come available to look at it. But I'll update as I hear more

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it is a blown turbo you may be hearing odd sounds and seeing smoke from my past experiences on other vehicles. If it is just the hissing sound, that sounds more like a pipe coming off.

Can't remember how many times I used to have that happen on my old F250 diesel. Never failed after I worked on it I either didn't tighten the turbo piping tight enough or a few too many beers and forgot about it. It always reminded me as I was pulling out my neighborhood.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver side turbo in my work truck - regular 3.5 eco - has sounded like this for the past year and half. Dealer said it was normal, even though I know it isn't. No power loss, so I'm just going to run it into the ground. I can deal with the sound on that truck. If I had this issue on the Raptor, then there would be problems.

OP
OP
B

Brandin10

Reaction score
Update: Turbo is blown according to dealer. Not sure of the cause yet as they're waiting for parts to come in and then will finish the removal. I have asked for them to contact me when they have it out so that I'm able to go look at it myself. Will fill you guys in with a cause of failure if we're able to.