Blown Turbo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandin10

Reaction score
Hey guys. Noticed more significant turbo noise over the last couple days. Then today I get in to drive and my drivers side turbo is screaming like crazy. I'm assuming its toast. Dropped off at the dealer and will keep you all posted on discovery. Anyone else experienced this??

im33303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Noticed more significant turbo noise over the last couple days. Then today I get in to drive and my drivers side turbo is screaming like crazy. I'm assuming its toast. Dropped off at the dealer and will keep you all posted on discovery. Anyone else experienced this??

Might be just a loose pipe?

Let us know

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This failure on the ecoboost is not as common as the other issues. There are threads here of blown turbos - interested if there is a common failure mode for them.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Might be just a loose pipe?

Let us know
Mine just did this and I am at the dealer right now. Picked it up after cam phaser work and only made it a few blocks. If it is the pipe you will have very little power. I could only really get it up to 50 with our it screaming like a vacuumed cleaner.

skerzz

Reaction score
I experienced, what sounds like /might be, a similar issue on my truck. Symptoms included a significant loss in power and a loud "hissing" noise, similar to depressing a valve stem on an inflated tire, from inside the cab when the spooling turbos and would otherwise normally be providing boost. It turned out to be a simple fix - a hose clamp failed resulting in a leaking turbo hose. Possibly a vacuum line (I'm not a mechanic and don't have the dealer repair/work order in front of me). It took the dealer all of 10 minutes to fix (they billed warranty .1 hours) and I've had zero issues with the turbos since.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine just did this and I am at the dealer right now. Picked it up after cam phaser work and only made it a few blocks. If it is the pipe you will have very little power. I could only really get it up to 50 with our it screaming like a vacuumed cleaner.
Back on the road. I hope your is a easy fix.