Blown Transmission @295 miles?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to my truck at 544 miles. It’s your transfer case. Mine was replaced with a new one. So far everything fine. Also it did give a brief description on carfax report when I checked it later on.

Man I'm sorry you had the same issue, but glad to hear I'm not alone. Did they give you an extra extended warranty?

BAJA1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They got on it super quick because I take all my fleet vehicles there. Got it back in 8 days.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford will want it dissembled first, then they will decide, new or rebuild. If it takes over 30 days to fix lemon law becomes a good option .

JeffBart

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the bad news. I have an 18 with 11k miles. Had a similar experience. Ford service center (not where I purchased the truck) replaced the transmission with a new one in 4 days. Everything under factory warranty. Only thing they could tell me was that metal was found in the trans fluid. They informed me it would not affect the resale value. Hope this is true. Good luck.

10851vc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typical FORD transmission! Had same thing happen with my Ford Explorer! You would think a Ford Performance vehicle would have a better transmission. Not surprised. Fought with dealership for 1 month while they had car and tried to fix it without replacing transmission. Have them replace transmission and should be good

OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
Ford will want it dissembled first, then they will decide, new or rebuild. If it takes over 30 days to fix lemon law becomes a good option .
the dealership just called and said they exact same thing (minus the lemon law part of course).

OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the responses and the insight. It is all greatly appreciated! Once I finally get the truck back I'll let everyone know what the issue was found to be.

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dealership just called and said they exact same thing (minus the lemon law part of course).
I went through something like this on a 2011 got in back to me in 29 days. Transmission rebuild, pinion bearing replaced, throttle body replaced. I was holding my breath the whole time. I had a tune on it , that I was able to return to stock in the nick of time. But believe me ford was all over it. For some reason they let it go. Amen
The dealer I do business with is modifier friendly, but when ford corporate gets involved, hold your breath! I now own a 2018 with a tune. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dhowell

Dhowell

Reaction score
*Update*

Heard back from the dealership. It was the transfer case. Sounds like many people are having this same issue. Ford has since created a new transfer case part number, which leads me to believe they realize there is a problem and are attempting to remedy it.

The dealership go the case in, installed it, and drove the truck. They say it is all good to go. I am not awaiting delivery as I bought the truck in IL and live in CO.

Stay tuned.....

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I hope you’re back on the road soon. That’s one of those “rare but it happens” issues.