Blown speaker, replacement options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Scab with the 801A package. Looks like I've got a blown right front door speaker. Whats out there for replacements above and beyond factory, but without adding processor/amps.

I've had plenty of high dollar systems in the past, but I just want to stay nice and simple with the truck, for no other reason that avoiding getting the "itch" again. I've read a few posts from a few years ago but with the updated product lines from various companies I'm just looking for an updated "recommended" list.

Don't want to spend more than $400.

Noah, care to chime in? Hell, I'll end up getting it from you anyway hahah.

- Travis

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2013 Scab with the 801A package. Looks like I've got a blown right front door speaker. Whats out there for replacements above and beyond factory, but without adding processor/amps.

I've had plenty of high dollar systems in the past, but I just want to stay nice and simple with the truck, for no other reason that avoiding getting the "itch" again. I've read a few posts from a few years ago but with the updated product lines from various companies I'm just looking for an updated "recommended" list.

- Travis
sorry, took a break due to the gen 2 bs. and since you failed to mention me, i blame you for the late response.......

if you are still looking for speakers, let me know. you are limited on 5x7 components, but if you were to go with a 6.5 then you have a lot of options available

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Rattle/crackle sounds in the front right speaker. Will any 4 ohm 5x7 work?

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry, took a break due to the gen 2 bs. and since you failed to mention me, i blame you for the late response.......

if you are still looking for speakers, let me know. you are limited on 5x7 components, but if you were to go with a 6.5 then you have a lot of options available

I'd be interested in this information as well. I like the Sync interface and already have the Kicker soundstage sub in my 2013 but I find the midrange to be lackluster at best as well as the volume limitations. What do you suggest as an interface between the factory system to add additional amplification and speaker upgrades. I have seen the Kicker upgrades for the system but not sure I will be happy with that.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Rattle/crackle sounds in the front right speaker. Will any 4 ohm 5x7 work?

all you need is the midbass driver. if you use a coax speaker combined with the oem tweeter, its going to be a lot of high signal
I'd be interested in this information as well. I like the Sync interface and already have the Kicker soundstage sub in my 2013 but I find the midrange to be lackluster at best as well as the volume limitations. What do you suggest as an interface between the factory system to add additional amplification and speaker upgrades. I have seen the Kicker upgrades for the system but not sure I will be happy with that.

for a component setup the jl audio c3 are a good drop in speaker. can replace the tweeters and midbass driver. for aa better sounding speaker (only if you plan to add an amp) the focals would be a better option

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
all you need is the midbass driver. if you use a coax speaker combined with the oem tweeter, its going to be a lot of high signal

for a component setup the jl audio c3 are a good drop in speaker. can replace the tweeters and midbass driver. for aa better sounding speaker (only if you plan to add an amp) the focals would be a better option

So do you sell a good drop in mid bass driver in the 100 a pair range? I don't think I want to drop 400 on the JL C3 setup.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score

- Travis

Check this how-to out: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f170/kicker-door-speaker-tweeter-upgrade-kit-install-50573/

I did just the four main speakers and the tweeters. They sound much better than stock. No need to mess with the amp or the sub. Very easy install and around the budget you are looking for.

Good luck!

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So do you sell a good drop in mid bass driver in the 100 a pair range? I don't think I want to drop 400 on the JL C3 setup.
may want to reconsider that statement....... realistically you are better off just replacing it with oem until you are ready for an upgrade. i think there may be a few leftovers at the shop. i can have someone check

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some used oems from my 2010 i will sell.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

pm me