Blow off valve on Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.5eb uses speed density based fuel mapping, so a vta bov is fine to use. All it’s gonna do is make noise, no performance, but also no harm.

If that’s what the OP is after I’m not sure why everyone is giving him such a hard time.
Yes, to each their own.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May not be recommended but I did the chair plug mod on my last raptor and it never caused any issues. Definitely a noticeable sound too. It all started with a ken block video and ended with me under my truck with an ace hardware bag.

OP
OP
Metronome

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3.5eb uses speed density based fuel mapping, so a vta bov is fine to use. All it’s gonna do is make noise, no performance, but also no harm.

If that’s what the OP is after I’m not sure why everyone is giving him such a hard time.
haha..because it's the internet. it's what people do, particularly on this forum.

Sbeatty

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Supersonic BOV on their Gen3? I’ve looked in the forum without any success so if this has been asked elsewhere, point me in that direction! Thanks. Curious if it fits just fine on the Gen 3 vs the Gen 2
I have Turbosmart (gen 2) on my gen 3. Small modification to some hoses to make it fit.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I changed my filter to K&N on my Gen2 I heard some awesome spooling noises that I had not noticed before. It sounded amazing and I heard it from outside (wife was driving my truck) and it was semi turbo diesel sounds. Maybe it had something to do with my tune as well from MPT - but I would love to have that back on my Gen3.

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a Supersonic BOV on their Gen3? I’ve looked in the forum without any success so if this has been asked elsewhere, point me in that direction! Thanks. Curious if it fits just fine on the Gen 3 vs the Gen 2
I just installed a Turbosmart Vee Port EM on my gen3 this weekend. Easy install, makes noise as intended. No cel’s to report thus far.

jchap711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AEA57F9C-AAC7-4BCA-BA5A-EF1AABF5A763.png
I have this on my gen 2. Cheap. Very easy install. Like 15 min. and makes a cool sound if that’s what you’re looking for. To my knowledge, no other benefits.