Blow off valve on Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juanitobunito

Reaction score

MrBuddha

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried to install a boomba adapter and it pushes the pressure release plug back enough that it hits the charge pipe. I'm unable to get the pipe back onto the intercooler.

Anyone else been able to successfully install the boomba on a gen 3?

Attachments

• PXL_20231114_024657409.jpg
    PXL_20231114_024657409.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried to install a boomba adapter and it pushes the pressure release plug back enough that it hits the charge pipe. I'm unable to get the pipe back onto the intercooler.

You should be able to use the other set of holes and that will angle the BOV slightly upwards to be able to clear the charge pipe....

Screenshot_20231115_051131_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's not my pic, I pulled it off of Google images. I had to do this exact thing because I broke off one of the screws in the housing like a moron. It ended up working out though. I did have to pull the entire intercooler to be able to get to it better.

***this was on a gen 2 but gen 3 should be the same***

Warpath

Reaction score

You should be able to use the other set of holes and that will angle the BOV slightly upwards to be able to clear the charge pipe....

View attachment 432305

That's not my pic, I pulled it off of Google images. I had to do this exact thing because I broke off one of the screws in the housing like a moron. It ended up working out though. I did have to pull the entire intercooler to be able to get to it better.

***this was on a gen 2 but gen 3 should be the same***

I have it installed on my Gen 3, Jake is correct you use the other set of holes.

20231115_094425.jpg

MrBuddha

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big mahalos @jAKe47 and @Warpath. I saw the other set of holes, but wasn't sure if I could use them. I also had to loosen the hose clamp so that I could twist the charge pipe slightly. It's a tight fit, but it works.