BLIS alert deactivated - trailer attached (I dont own a trailer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2017 Raptor, monumental downpour this weekend in Tampa.
I went to the store and got a nice notification on my dash that "Trailer connected". Interesting, since I do not own a trailer. Moments later, another notification that "Blind spot & cross Traffic alert deact. Trailer attached" appeared.

again, I don't own a trailer.

Asked a friend from high school who works at a Ford dealer what the issue is.

"sounds like you got moisture on the pigtail plug-in or somewhere inthe harness. Plug-in is at the rear by the receiver. Follow the harness from there checking the connection and wiring for any cuts that moisture can get in. If you don't see it right away, you will have to take it in to the dealer."

anyone else experienced this issue?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
it also happens when you drag the trailer connector over rocks, or mistakenly pack it full of dirt on a big g out.

Clean the trailer connector. check where the harness connects to the exterior plug.

fill it with dielectric grease once clean.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it also happens when you drag the trailer connector over rocks, or mistakenly pack it full of dirt on a big g out.

Clean the trailer connector. check where the harness connects to the exterior plug.

fill it with dielectric grease once clean.

Thanks for reminding me to do mine with the dielectric grease!

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probably disconnected behind the bumper. Same thing happened to mine and I found it not plugged in all the way. At 1st glance it looked like it was but when I pushed in it I heard a click and no problem ever since