How To Blend Door Actuator Replacement with Part Numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the clicking sound now (80k miles), talked to my service guy and he said that there are several blend doors. The one he replaced at 75k miles, was for the temperature. The one which now needs to be replaced is the upper one. It's going in this Friday for this, an oil change, and possibly U-joints.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the clicking sound now (80k miles), talked to my service guy and he said that there are several blend doors. The one he replaced at 75k miles, was for the temperature. The one which now needs to be replaced is the upper one. It's going in this Friday for this, an oil change, and possibly U-joints.

Hey TheJoker,

I'm going to get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager, who'll facilitate discussion and repairs. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and the Ford Dealer you're visiting Friday.

Thanks!

Todd

badwolf

Reaction score
Had to do this fix as well a couple weeks ago...thank goodness for the Ford Premium Care extended warranty...sounds like it would have been pricey otherwise...

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Todd, if you don't mind me asking, what are you going to facilitate? As to the number of doors, I have been told that you guys with dual climate controls have two and those of us with a stock system have one. At $700-$1000 to fix, you get used to the clicking noise after a while.

Hey TheJoker,

I'm going to get this into the hands of your regional customer service manager, who'll facilitate discussion and repairs. Please send me a PM with your full name, phone number, VIN, and the Ford Dealer you're visiting Friday.

Thanks!

Todd

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Todd, if you don't mind me asking, what are you going to facilitate?

Hey there dataustin,

I definitely don't mind. I'm here to answer questions. The Regional CSM has access to a variety of resources to assist toward repair, and will reach out to both the service advisor at the dealership, and the customer. In this way, they're able to facilitate repairs. My goal is to act as a liaison between the customer and the CSM.

Let me know if this helps.

Todd

Reaction score
Actuator

Well the famous knock started today and no heat! I have the dual climate control and the sound is directly behind the radio, can I just pull the radio to get to it? Anyone have a YouTube link for a how to?

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine a few months ago. Dealer quoted me 1000 to fix. took about 30 min to replace a 25 dollar part. its super simple and there are lots of youtube videos out there.