Blemish on hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waxed my truck 2 days after getting it home, and noticed a raised line about 4 to 5 inches long. It is under the paint right in the middle of the two heat extracting vents, and to the the very front of vents. As I waxed I kept trying to rub it out until I realized it must be in the fiberglass. Is this just a point of structural support making this area raised or what? Hopefully this is normal. So I guess I want to know do others have this on their trucks, or should I check into it?

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the hood graphics, never noticed anything showing up through the graphics.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paint sucks...I got OP and little imperfections all over the truck..

Like a zit faced teenager...

OP
OP
M

Mooner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if this is something that might get a crack in it or may be nothing. Just annoys me with a new vehicle and all. I don't want **** around with a dealer getting it fixed, but it is pretty noticeable.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the hood graphics as well so can't comment but a picture of the defect may help the diagnosis :)

Travis_2308

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely post a pic and I'll check on my truck, I haven't noticed one so i'm inclined to say no. The paint is definitely not perfect on these trucks, I have 3 TINY spots that missed the blue but still have clear coat, it's pretty weird. They are small though and 99.9% of people wouldn't see them even if they were washing the truck so I'm not worried about it