Blank central display screen and no radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbeaman

Reaction score
New Gen3 less than 500 miles) and the central display screen went black along with radio not working.. maybe other things not working but this is what i noticed. Seems to drive fine. Looked at some U tubes and apparently common issue. Tried the soft reset (pressure radio power and advance arrow for 10 seconds or so) with no luck. I suspect goes back to dealer to reflash or new module? Pull fuse for this system to hard set? Not sure which fuse it is though.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You may not even need to go that far. This happened to me back in 2017. Tried all the known workarounds and resigned myself to take the truck in.

I let the truck sit overnight; engine off, ignition off, full power down for more than a few moments. Next morning everything worked. It never happened again. Actually, I don’t have pictures, so I suppose it never happened ;-)

So give the truck a full power down and retry. if that doesn’t work, try the battery reset. If that doesn’t work, see if FORSCAN reveals and codes or clues.

OP
OP
B

bbeaman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I tried the soft reset with radio controls. Then yesterday disconnected the battery for 20 minutes, the reattached.. no change. Check the fuses (all good for that circuit. Taking it to the dealer today and will let you know what the fix was.

OP
OP
B

bbeaman

Reaction score
Dealer Service indicates it is the Gateway Module that is causing the problems. They are currently looking for obtaining that part. I bet they are hard to find, but I did find several "used" on eBay which could maybe be the crosswalk until the new part comes in from China. Also make sure the dealer tests for shorts in the circuits so it does not zap the used/new replacement part.

Easyrider470

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2023 that is in the shop for the exact same issue. Gateway module bad, and now Ford isn't shipping the part even after the dealer made an Emergency buy and still the status is SHIPPED