Black Rock Currie Edition Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupercrossBMX

Reaction score
80536237-CAE1-4DBA-B7BA-08D6FBCD71AC.jpeg 3497B531-76FC-48FD-968E-A20F59FE1626.jpeg Hey Guys,

I just got my new 2 me 2011 Raptor Screw and a friend gave me a set of these Black Rock Currie wheels for it.

Do you know any details on these?

I want to get some 17” rather than these 20” wheels.

I guess these were some very special wheels in the Raptor development but can’t find any information on them.

Any input is appreciated

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those definitely have nothing to do with Raptor development as they would never use 20in wheels and would have used Ford branded wheels.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Congrats on the GEN1. I also serious doubt that Ford would ever put any 20" wheel on a raptor. Looks like this model brand didn't last very long and do not recall anyone talking about these back in the day. It looks like it was something done with Corey Currie and Black Rock Wheels in a joint venture, as I did find this:

"Black Rock Currie Edition
The Casey Currie Series 960 Flushcut 6 is a one-piece cast aluminum replica of the wheel Currie runs on his Pro Lite truck. It is a 20x9 in five- and six-lug patterns. Finishes are satin matte black, tungsten silver, and Casey Currie Competition White. Center caps are included."

We always recommend 17" wheels on Raptors and be more than happy to provide you FRF member pricing on a set. I have ran Mickey Thompson, ICON and currently running the Method Trail Series wheels. I like them since they are a clean look and easy to keep clean (doesn't collect and hold mud, if you ever encounter it) and allows you to air down further than a normal wheel.

Message me if you would like.
Thanks,
Rick

OP
OP
SupercrossBMX

SupercrossBMX

Reaction score
Thanks Rick,

I appreciate the info. And @patire19 , I was just repeating what I was told. I was told it was some racing guys wheels when they were developing the off road racing raptors.

And yes, I prefer the 17’s as well.

Have a great day!