Black Raptor R on BaT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hysterical as what’s the point? You can get 500+ WHP on a Gen 2 or 3 for a fraction of that R. You want 700 hp, there are other ways and these buyers are clueless. Get a TRX for crying out load…at Under Invoice and have tons of fun.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hysterical as what’s the point? You can get 500+ WHP on a Gen 2 or 3 for a fraction of that R. You want 700 hp, there are other ways and these buyers are clueless. Get a TRX for crying out load…at Under Invoice and have tons of fun.
lol it’s all about the clout for the rich IMO if what you say was true you would not have porsche/ mercedes / ferrari dealers as most can go just as fast and be a fraction of the price in a corvette. Rich folks want something no everyone can have. a TuRdX is not a Clout truck anymore ( can be found all over the internet / autotrader ) just a wide body ram rebel generic raptor. Raptor R is the king of factory baja trucks end of story.

ASR

Reaction score
Both the Raptor and TRX are great trucks actually. All comes down to preference and what you are willing to spend.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol it’s all about the clout for the rich IMO if what you say was true you would not have porsche/ mercedes / ferrari dealers as most can go just as fast and be a fraction of the price in a corvette. Rich folks want something no everyone can have. a TuRdX is not a Clout truck anymore ( can be found all over the internet / autotrader ) just a wide body ram rebel generic raptor. Raptor R is the king of factory baja trucks end of story.
But it looks largely like a Gen3 - I get it in terms of owning a Porsche over a vette as to the eye one may be more ascetically pleasing but these trucks look largely the same and to most, they won’t know the difference. Yet millions can tell the difference between a P-car, Vette or a masterpiece from Maranello.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it looks largely like a Gen3 - I get it in terms of owning a Porsche over a vette as to the eye one may be more ascetically pleasing but these trucks look largely the same and to most, they won’t know the difference. Yet millions can tell the difference between a P-car, Vette or a masterpiece from Maranello.
Looks can be deceiving…
The R drives and handles much different/better than a Ecoboost Gen3. The overall driving experience of a R from any other stock Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 and TRX is second to none. I’ve owned all and the R is by far superior!

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks can be deceiving…
The R drives and handles much different/better than a Ecoboost Gen3. The overall driving experience of a R from any other stock Gen1, Gen2, Gen3 and TRX is second to none. I’ve owned all and the R is by far superior!
♂️ ok - I get it now. So they look vastly different. Gotcha. Two cruising down the street, someone unfamiliar with Ford would undoubtedly be able to tell one’s a Gen 3 and one’s an R.

Great - good chat

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
♂️ ok - I get it now. So they look vastly different. Gotcha. Two cruising down the street, someone unfamiliar with Ford would undoubtedly be able to tell one’s a Gen 3 and one’s an R.

Great - good chat
I never said they look vastly different; what I said is the R handles much different/better than the standard Gen3.

The R is more responsive and the overall handling and driving experience is far superior to the standard Gen3.

I didn’t buy a R because it looks different than a standard Gen 3, I bought it because of the increased performance.