Black Raptor R on BaT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never said they look vastly different; what I said is the R handles much different/better than the standard Gen3.

The R is more responsive and the overall handling and driving experience is far superior to the standard Gen3.
Sorry, I said they looked the same and you said something to the affect that looks could be deceiving. Then mentioned 3 cars that look quite different, again insinuating the R looks different than a Gen 3 or even a 2.

Maybe one tenth of 1 percent of these trucks will ever touch Baja. Why do i say such a thing, i live next door to Baja. So the Baja truck need isn’t why they’re bought.

The status symbology will be lost one 99.999% of people. Unlike when a P-car, or Ferrari pass someone by on the road.

I would very much like to own an R, love trucks and this is a special truck. I’m simply to stupid to not pay $180K+ for a $110K truck.

Drive them in good health!! Maybe I’ll find one via a hardship sale , won’t hold my breath.

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that there isn’t much to differentiate them as far as looks.

What people do with them is up to them. As far as a dedicated Baja truck goes, if that what one is looking for, a fully caged and linked truck would be more suitable than a R or any other stock Raptor for that matter.

I wouldn’t pay 180k for the truck either, and didn’t. At the end of the day the amount is only relevant to one’s finances. 180k to some people is pocket change.

I would think that most people who buy a R will not be selling one out of hardship, every one I know, or spoken with on FRF has paid cash for their R.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“I would think that most people who buy a R will not be selling one out of hardship, every one I know, or spoken with on FRF has paid cash for their R.”

Wow - congratulations to you and others. I make a good living but no where near that level of wealth.

I was hoping someone bought the truck like their house in 2006 - . Underwater and the now $4200 per month payment would be too much to handle.

Drive it well - maybe I’ll find a ride in one soon. I’ll keep saving in the meantime.

All the best!

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
super confused why a raptor r would look so much different from a regular raptor? it has black parts and a different hood, and the appropriate badging. if they changed any thing else it would be priced even more ridiculously.. i guess i never really cared if other people knew what im driving, or really cared for that matter.. ive had several people ask if my gen2 scab is the new ranger. lol.

its too bad the R is going down this path, with super limited availability and crazy dealer markups on an already very expensive toy..

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the 911 R, looks very similar to a standard 911 (save for the Gt3 front bumper, wide body and center exit exhaust. Limited numbers and they are crazy hard to come by for anywhere near their MSRP. Ford needs to understand that more people will buy this truck but this shouldn't be limited production.

Any.....ways