GEN 1 Black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_1093.jpg IMG_1098.jpg

I also went with the Gorilla Lug Nuts. I got all locking with the factory type shape. I've had them several months, had all off for rotation about 3 months back, and all is well.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked the tire store not to use an impact wrench on my lugs. It slowed them down a bit, but they complied. They lugs looked OK after tire rotation by the tire store. The factory lugs were ***** after a few tire rotations, swelled and had to drive the socket on with a hammer.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The keyed style lugs are more resistant to chip out, i'm using west coast wheel accessories lugs and they hold up ok.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several sites that sell the Gorilla lugs. I suspect I bought them on Amazon, but not 100% sure. I'm sending a copy of a web address that should get you to the lugs that I purchased on the Amazon site. These are 14 X 1.5 locking lugs, factory style fit (wide where they contact the wheel). They look good with the factory wheels on my truck, as you could see from my pics.

Be sure you get the package with 24 lugs (they also sell a 20 pack).

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Auto...ts+14+x+1.5+black&qid=1576943173&sr=8-19&th=1

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought the Gorilla OE replacements in black despite several reports of corrosion issues. Couldn't find anything better. The plan is to ceramic coat them, as ridiculous as that sounds.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to let folks know who are following this thread, my keyed, black Gorilla locking lugs were over-torqued by the tire store and 9 of 24 broke rather than unscrew. I just finished drilling out 9 lug bolts and trust me when I say it was not fun. Whole exercise took about 14 - 16 hrs. I went through 3 sets of drill bits. I have another thread on that topic, so I won't go into details here. I can no longer recommend this style of lug, in spite of liking how they look installed.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never had any luck with those keyed or splined lug nuts, even 30-35 years ago.

My Black Gorilla six point lugs are doing pretty good after 4 years, several tire rotations new set of tires.
All done with an impact wrench expect I purchased a brand new 21mm impact socket just for the lugs.
They are only now showing signs of slight rusting on the edges

Last edited: