Black Hood decal and side decal cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is gloss vinyl, be careful with the wax so you don't get to much buildup on the edges of the vinyl. Hand wax this area with light pressure and just go over them once in each direction. Using the typical circular motions by hand, or a polishing machine, will load the edges up and it is hard to remove the residue (like having to scrape each edge with your fingernail).

That's why I like the Quick Sealant on gloss vinyl. Good protection and no residue buildup on the edges.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
If it is gloss vinyl, be careful with the wax so you don't get to much buildup on the edges of the vinyl. Hand wax this area with light pressure and just go over them once in each direction. Using the typical circular motions by hand, or a polishing machine, will load the edges up and it is hard to remove the residue (like having to scrape each edge with your fingernail).

That's why I like the Quick Sealant on gloss vinyl. Good protection and no residue buildup on the edges.

use quick wax on them but the hood decal seems to fail quickly due to the heat from the hood
@AFM754, look at what @TheWolf said.... you don't know anything compared to him. :flipthebird:

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I know that my hood decals failed as well as multiple other peoples failed from the engine heat. MY side box graphics looked brand new with quick wax. They make a vinyl cleaner and sealant that works as well. Shit isn't rocket science. Its a ******* Truck, not a lambo

Your theory is invalid, "its a ******* truck, not a lambo".... so you don't take care of anything that isn't a lambo? You're an ignorant ****.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happened? What did I miss? @Jimbo Where did that "quick wax" post come from? Dude got banned?

FWIW, hood decals get a lot more sun and will have rain sit on them, which will increase degradation in the vinyl, where the side decals get less direct sun and aren't going to stay wet as long. You've seen the beater cars that have the paint peeling off the hood, trunk deck and roof, but the sides of the car don't usually look near as bad.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
What happened? What did I miss? @Jimbo Where did that "quick wax" post come from? Dude got banned?

FWIW, hood decals get a lot more sun and will have rain sit on them, which will increase degradation in the vinyl, where the side decals get less direct sun and aren't going to stay wet as long. You've seen the beater cars that have the paint peeling off the hood, trunk deck and roof, but the sides of the car don't usually look near as bad.

We had a spammer trying to post up and get his 50 posts to put up a for sale thread...