Black Gen3 (1 of 3) has arrived

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i'll try and keep this short. First off i have a serious buying issue as you'll see below. This is my 3rd vehicle purchase this year...and yes i'm still married. I had a Gen 2 and traded it for an AEV Prospector XL which we used for a month long trip out west, pics below. I got a great offer to buy that truck this summer and it's been gone since July. I've been driving my 95 Bronco since then and patiently waiting for something new to arrive...and today it did.

I ordered a 37" VB truck back in June. It was the 2nd dealer i called and they claimed to have 2 Perf pack allocations. After about 5 weeks of no news from them i decided to order another one from another dealer, one i know well. It's a silver 801a stripper and has just the right amount of features for me, again msrp. Partly because i had a VB Gen 2 and liked the silver in person. That truck has shipped and I'm waiting. The VB 37" truck still is unscheduled and the dealer can't tell me ****. I doubt i'll ever see it and not completely convinced they had the allocation to begin with.

This black truck that arrived today was one i found just a few weeks ago at sticker and hopped on it just in case these others fell through. I know, i have an issue. However, I'm going to sell it to someone at my cost when my silver one arrives in a week or two. I have at least 3 buyers already and just happy it can go to a person and not be traded it.

Anyway, hope i don't get hate for this but this truck looks and drives as amazing as we all knew it would.

2021-09-29 13.17.24.jpg
2021-04-13 12.47.40.jpg
2021-04-23 18.08.34-1.jpg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
AEV Prospector? It looks like a RAM Heavy Duty. What is the difference? ***Nevermind. I googled it*** 40" tires are no joke..lol

Congrats on the new Gen3.

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So of course my silver one arrived this morning....just as i was about to drive this black for a weekend away. I don't see me being able to pick the silver one up until Monday anyway so guess i'll put some miles on the black one.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So of course my silver one arrived this morning....just as i was about to drive this black for a weekend away. I don't see me being able to pick the silver one up until Monday anyway so guess i'll put some miles on the black one.
Decisions, decisions…stick with AB or go IS? Are they the same build? Must be nice to have 2. Some can’t even get one! Save 1 for us, damn! You greedy little ****…LMAO! Jk jk :p

Last edited:

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So i'll try and keep this short. First off i have a serious buying issue as you'll see below. This is my 3rd vehicle purchase this year...and yes i'm still married. I had a Gen 2 and traded it for an AEV Prospector XL which we used for a month long trip out west, pics below. I got a great offer to buy that truck this summer and it's been gone since July. I've been driving my 95 Bronco since then and patiently waiting for something new to arrive...and today it did.

I ordered a 37" VB truck back in June. It was the 2nd dealer i called and they claimed to have 2 Perf pack allocations. After about 5 weeks of no news from them i decided to order another one from another dealer, one i know well. It's a silver 801a stripper and has just the right amount of features for me, again msrp. Partly because i had a VB Gen 2 and liked the silver in person. That truck has shipped and I'm waiting. The VB 37" truck still is unscheduled and the dealer can't tell me ****. I doubt i'll ever see it and not completely convinced they had the allocation to begin with.

This black truck that arrived today was one i found just a few weeks ago at sticker and hopped on it just in case these others fell through. I know, i have an issue. However, I'm going to sell it to someone at my cost when my silver one arrives in a week or two. I have at least 3 buyers already and just happy it can go to a person and not be traded it.

Anyway, hope i don't get hate for this but this truck looks and drives as amazing as we all knew it would.
Congrats on the new Raptor. What did you think of the AEV Prospector while you had it?