Black Ford logo Tailgate ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayder996

Reaction score
So in my haste to load some furniture in the truck, I totallyforgot my bike rack was in the hitch and lowered my tailgate and cracked my Ford logo. Sooooo rather than just order a replacement blue oval, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can order a black one from somewhere?

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the applique or non applique tailgate?

Edit to add: I'm guessing since you are mentioning the blue oval, it's the non applique version. I've heard that a version of the f-150 had a black out package, thought it was APX or FPX but now I can't find the thread.

Last edited:

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can buy a black ford emblem online or you could do as I did and buy a black overlay sticker type ford emblem. Got mine from rappy graphics.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are lots of options on ebay/etsy. Or you can buy a replacement from tasca parts and just make it yourself. Here's some that I put together a couple weeks back. My son wanted some in black/magnetic to match his truck, and I thought I'd do one in red as an accent. The emblem comes out of the tailgate pretty easy (and you're going to do that anyway). The emblem is actually several plastic pieces held with plastic weld on the back. Break the welds, paint separately, weld back together, install on truck.

emblems.jpg