Black Box: Event Data Recorder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be in the Powertrain Control Module or Body Control Module or maybe both. I dunno which one in the Raptor but I do know plenty of data passes through both. The amount of sensing, and the frequency of that sensing that goes on in any new vehicle it pretty intense. There's far more data being processed by your car to keep things like the stability control system working then most owners can imagine. It's pretty astonishing imo. But it really doesn't worry me for now, until they make it a point to easily access that info, then you bet I'll make some changes.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. The reason I asked is because I learned how Event Data Recorder information can be used by taking the Civilian Police Academy curriculum with a nearby police department. The police can access the data if they want to use it to press criminal charges, and the data can be subpoenaed and used against you in a civil suit.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I'll just use an SCT product to reflash my pcm. Their ****** ass built programmer's can corrupt a few million semi conductors in no time :happy175:

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of amazes me at the amount of work people try to put into disconnecting/corrupting something that has been in vehicles for YEARS! If you are in a major crash I guess it may hurt you if you were doing something wrong, but if you were the victim, it would really help you....

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of amazes me at the amount of work people try to put into disconnecting/corrupting something that has been in vehicles for YEARS! If you are in a major crash I guess it may hurt you if you were doing something wrong, but if you were the victim, it would really help you....

I don't think its so much that the data could be used to analyze a wreck but what the technology could be used for. Anymore cars are so advanced the network of modules can tell you how big of a bump you went over or how much you weigh sitting in the drivers seat or how fast you stopped or how fast you turned or all kinds of crazy stuff. Will all this eventually lead to cops pulling you over and requiring you to let them down load your data so they can write you a ticket for what happened ten days ago??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free