BJ, why can’t you do it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Or just hook them up to the truck's auto high beam using the LVJ relay panel. I made my own. Works perfectly.

I was just about to write this.

The legally argument aside, IF you wanted to hook up some lights to go on with your high beams... it's pretty easy. Either use the LVJ Motorsports relay panel (that's what I run) because it lets you tie in some of your lights to the high beams (you can pick/choose which lights with a little diode you remove/don't remove). it also lets you run bigger lights because it's got it's own relays. You can also do this yourself if you know what wires to go to and hookup your own relays, but this takes the guess work out of it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Exactly - you can still wire a relay in, some have advocated a diode, but pick whichever up fitter that represents the lights you want to run with high beams and go. I would pick a set of squadrons pro driving combo if I was going to do it because I find the auto high beams to be a bit sensitive to splash back from road signs, and various other suburban type stuff. Add in the BJ ... I mean, BD lights and you may get even more erratic results... ;-)

Of course, if you’re in the middle of B.F.E. and they don’t even have lines on the roads, not a big concern. I’m pretty sure we have some threads on here about doing this and / or low beam activation.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually bought the male and female plugs so I could use tap into marker lights, low beam and high beam circuits without splicing or cutting into the harness. They are in the bottom drawer of my tool box, one of those things I haven't gotten around to yet. I believe all you need to do is shave a ridge off of the connector to get it to plug into factory harness, couldn't find the photo illustrating that.

WPT-1279
WPT1321

This should give you the connector to plug into factory harness and a headlight, each kit comes with the pins and wires so you can splice the connectors together and have your low, high and marker light wires have a stub out wire to make a connection for triggering a relay or your SP-9100 if you have one. It's on my list of things to do right now I still have my Lights or Trigger 2 (White Wire, Pin 4 of 16 pin Harness) on my Sp-9100 wired to factory Aux 6 switch.

Second Image is borrowed from a different thread.
wpt1279_1-jpg.96141

img_20180121_001127-jpg.96326

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I actually bought the male and female plugs so I could use tap into marker lights, low beam and high beam circuits without splicing or cutting into the harness. They are in the bottom drawer of my tool box, one of those things I haven't gotten around to yet. I believe all you need to do is shave a ridge off of the connector to get it to plug into factory harness, couldn't find the photo illustrating that.

WPT-1279
WPT1321

This should give you the connector to plug into factory harness and a headlight, each kit comes with the pins and wires so you can splice the connectors together and have your low, high and marker light wires have a stub out wire to make a connection for triggering a relay or your SP-9100 if you have one. It's on my list of things to do right now I still have my Lights or Trigger 2 (White Wire, Pin 4 of 16 pin Harness) on my Sp-9100 wired to factory Aux 6 switch.

Second Image is borrowed from a different thread.
wpt1279_1-jpg.96141

img_20180121_001127-jpg.96326

so you could use a pair to either set up a pair of fogs, or have a set high been triggered if turned on by an up fitter. NICE !

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow so glad I asked as all these solutions are so far over my head. Wait, did I say head?

Btw, now in Page, Az. Left Moab after 5 glorious days off roading, last in Monument Valley. Pics and dedicated thread to follow. Also did long canyon trail in Canyonlands, trail to Oorah Lake for a freezing dip. Jealous of those who live near this.

Tomorrow Antelope canyon, then up to near salt lake and Assault.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, John got back to me. Light bar will be installed. Anybody here have it? He asked which color bar and rigid or kc light bar. I said black bar and clear lens rigid for my performance blue. Did I choose right?

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you mounting the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s the bar they have on the raptors at Raptor Assault. I think it attaches to or on the tow rings under bumper. It’s fabricated by John, one of the instructors. And owner of impulse off road in Murray, Utah.