Bike Mount Options on Your Truck

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny, my wife got me a tailgate pad thing for bikes or whatever else you wanna throw in over the side held in place that way (strollers comes to mind lol) after I saw a few trucks rocking em in UT when I was out there for Raptor assault actually.

Either I’m underestimating how often you are using your bikes or I’m missing exactly it is that you’re concerned about towing/having hitch available, but it’s almost like you should just pull a light utility trailer behind ya & call it a day lol!!

A lot of times that’s what I wind up doing myself esp since the Raptor basically doesn’t like having a lot of weight in the bed or on the hitch to begin with. Utility trailers w/ a drop ramp for easy loading are super useful in my truck experience….& while def pricey I’ve seen some really nice ones w/ some actual suspension articulation for real offroad/overlanding use, that’d probably be best of all worlds

Raptormts

Reaction score
Looking for a flush mount bike mount of some kind to my hard folding bed cover. Can I just mount the Fork Mount to the bed cover? I Need the inside of the bed for gear.

OP
OP
JAWSRaptor

JAWSRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a flush mount bike mount of some kind to my hard folding bed cover. Can I just mount the Fork Mount to the bed cover? I Need the inside of the bed for gear.
Which bed cover do you have? Are their T-slot channels for accessories, like the Retrax XR models

Last edited:

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to get an updated pic with my new bike but I have been running a North Shore rack for 7-8 years now. Still really like it and would buy another one if anything ever happened to it.

11111000_10100612836877985_6452219416160448125_o.jpg

dbiker207

Reaction score
I use the rockymounts rack. It secures the bikes well, is easy to use, and is out of the way when not in use. I also had it in my old f150 with a 6.5' bed. They also offer clamshell axle mounts which are a bit pricey but they're lockable.