Bigger brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zaherachour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this thread.
Otherwise i was wondering what kind of upgrades can we find for the brakes.
I am sure they are good enough, but they are not porsche brakes when it comes for emergencies. So what are the upgrades found for this monster truck?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this thread.
Otherwise i was wondering what kind of upgrades can we find for the brakes.
I am sure they are good enough, but they are not porsche brakes when it comes for emergencies. So what are the upgrades found for this monster truck?

Bigger or better, doesn't matter. When u say bigger, then what size are we talking about?

Why?

Do you know the current limitations of the braking system on the truck, or even the specifications?

The Raptor comes with very capable brakes from the factory. Remember these brakes are overbuilt for the job in case the truck pulls a trailer that doesn't have brakes.

The truck has a very sophisticated hill descent mode. Does anyone here know if changing brake capacity, which ultimately changes bias will throw this off?

Do you understand that braking ability is also hugely dependent on tires?

If this is more of a "what if" then the sky is the limit and everything depends on your $$$ situation. If not, I'd be asking the same question I opened my reply off with.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I know is the brakes on my Raptor works a heck of a lot better than those on my 03' Harley. It was kind of scary at times having to apply the brakes in a hurry. The Raptor on the other hand works rather nicely.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have not reached the limitations of the brakes...You will most likely damage something in the steering or suspension sytem before you reach the limitations of the brakes. Especially in Offroad mode...I've driven with it on and off in the dirt and it is night and day difference. Ford upgraded the whole F150 line to the Raptor brakes in 2010.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I don't know much about Wilwood other than every prerunner truck I see with brake upgrades has Wilwoods... I'm not sure about the rear but I don't think so. I assume not many people out there want to upgrade 2010 F150 brakes and if they do I'm sure a 6 piston on the front would get the truck to STOP!!! Bet in the next couple years might see a rear kit?? I also looked at Brembo and Baer but they specialize more in on-road cars...didn't see any packages like on Wilwood's site.

OP
OP
zaherachour

zaherachour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why?

Do you know the current limitations of the braking system on the truck, or even the specifications?

The Raptor comes with very capable brakes from the factory. Remember these brakes are overbuilt for the job in case the truck pulls a trailer that doesn't have brakes.

The truck has a very sophisticated hill descent mode. Does anyone here know if changing brake capacity, which ultimately changes bias will throw this off?

Do you understand that braking ability is also hugely dependent on tires?

If this is more of a "what if" then the sky is the limit and everything depends on your $$$ situation. If not, I'd be asking the same question I opened my reply off with.

Well u may have a point. I am clueless of the brake performance on the raptor, so I will have to check. I want to make sure that I can rely on the brake. That's why I am relying on you guys so that I can find the suitable thing. That's why we have a forum, ain't it?!

Nov2009 I had an accident, somewhere in the middle of turkey on the highway, with my 2005 lariat because of the brakes. If the other vehicle was a car, I would have minor repairs. But that thing was a 16wheeler. So big damages. I still want to beat the **** out of that guy. He jumped from the right lane to the middle with no warning on a rainy night. @$&!

Money is no issue when it comes to safety, specially when u live in the Congo. Which is in he centre of Africa. The capital is a jungle itself and ppl will jump at the car anytime. So better be prepared when u have such a heavy car. Otherwise ur in big trouble.
Believe me u should see to believe me.