Big Dogs Offroad in Gore, VA?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been there? I'd like to go check it out sometime this spring. I only live about 45min away. It's located in Gore, VA which isn't far from I-81 at Winchester, VA. They have trails, camping, rifle range and fishing. Anyone else interested?

Looks like they have a new park as well. It's located in Capon Bridge, WV which is only a few miles away from Gore.

Link ---> Big Dogs

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had previously thought they closed down in Gore, VA (maybe too many state restrictions) and moving a few miles down the road (Rt 50) and across the state line to Capon Bridge, WV (probably no restrictions). However, now it looks like they are keeping both facilities.

Also, I just noticed they offer Sniper Training!

OP
OP
SVT N8

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the survival and sniper training. I signed up to volunteer at 4 Wheel 2 Heal and they have a few events there. Www.4w2h.org

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Be fun to get a group of Raptors to go check it out one weekend.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the survival and sniper training. I signed up to volunteer at 4 Wheel 2 Heal and they have a few events there. 4 Wheel to Heal

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Be fun to get a group of Raptors to go check it out one weekend.

Count me in for the Raptor events and/or shooting events. I live in Leesburg, VA but I have a cabin in Capon Bridge, so I'm out there all the time.

OP
OP
SVT N8

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you guys want to camp or just spend the day there? I know a guy who takes his Jeep there. They ride during the day, setup camp, chill for a bit, then go on a night ride. Can also shoot guns and fish.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you guys want to camp or just spend the day there? I know a guy who takes his Jeep there. They ride during the day, setup camp, chill for a bit, then go on a night ride. Can also shoot guns and fish.

If I get to shoot and off-road I will stay there. That's a redneck paradise!! Night rides sound cool too. Is the off-roading jeep stuff or raptor stuff?

OP
OP
SVT N8

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get to shoot and off-road I will stay there. That's a redneck paradise!! Night rides sound cool too. Is the off-roading jeep stuff or raptor stuff?

They have trails for stock vehicles all the way up to rock crawlers. I've never been though. Just going off the info on the website