BIG disappointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
getting ready to order my 2011 supercrew and a client offers his son's Ford discount (employee), you can imagine my excitement, only to find out the Raptor is NOT included !!! upon further checking, Ford employee tells me HE cant get a discount on the Raptor !! WTF...... the shame is looking at pricing the deal would be invoice pricing (about 4K savings).

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Well I hope they are not out to gauge people because its a new line. I hope that doesn't happen with the dealers.

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
SVT does not allow for their vehicles to be discounted. Last time they were discounted to ANY extent was in late 2001 after September 11th. They included a SMALL rebate with available 0% on 2001 SVT Cobra's. Dealerships can be liable for discounts and can end up paying fines or a % of the loss. Raptor, Shelby GT500, Mustang 5.0 Daytona Pace Car 1 of 50, and Boss 302 and 302 Laguna Seca have no incentives with big discounts. Sad but unfortunately true. A, B, D, and X plans are virtually non exsistent with these vehicles.

Last edited:

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Mostly for the simple reason that it is a limited production vehicle. Some may say that "The GT500 has been back for a few years, and the Raptor will stick around! So what's so limited about it?" My owner Steve Olliges and Dave New a buddy at Ford MoCo, who are both friends and I speak with often have said this.... SVT prides themselves on being the best in PRODUCTION performance. Where else can you get a car that pulls 1G on a skid pad for $55,000 off the show room floor..... Stock..... With a live (straight) axle? Where else can you get a truck that was specifically designed for off-road use with 11.2" and 12.1" of travel (Among countless other things) and it be covered under a Bumper to Bumper or Powertrain Warranty? SVT along with Ford decided that if you want to be above the rest and get the performance that no one else can match, then price should be non-negotiable. If you want to hassle price, find a vehicle that has less power, more trim options and so on, then SVT isn't your first choice. SVT is for those that know they have designed the vehicle to last, hold up, and withstand the crap we ALL put them through, that's why they don't discount the vehicle. It's kind of like saying that the Big Mac is known to be McDonald's, that's why they don't put it on the Dollar Menu :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
My Ford guy said the same thing, limited production and distribution! my play is trying to get the dealer to give me the the equivalent to the employee discount (around 4k)
I am taking the discount certificate to the dealer (claiming I didnt know their wasnt a discount)? probably a longshot.....

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
My Ford guy said the same thing, limited production and distribution! my play is trying to get the dealer to give me the the equivalent to the employee discount (around 4k)
I am taking the discount certificate to the dealer (claiming I didnt know their wasnt a discount)? probably a longshot.....

A big longshot. Employee discount isn't a number off the truck. It's a set number above invoice. There isn't $4k in mark up on the truck anyway. When the info is logged into the computer when working the deal, the VIN will show SVTHP with the MSRP and invoice price. If the truck comes within a set amount of invoice and is sold, the dealer can pay a penalty and possibly lose allocation for more Raptors. SVT is extremely strict on this.