Big Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n2o

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard a manufacturer working toward a big brake kit? I’m assuming the front is the same for the gen3/r but the rear is different?

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard a manufacturer working toward a big brake kit? I’m assuming the front is the same for the gen3/r but the rear is different?

Bren I should have one soon, I emailed them a few months ago and they were close.

Baer is a maybe and I don’t think R1 is making one for Gen3.

Reaction score
No way that will fit under the factory wheels.

This looks like it’s a good option. Anyone have any experience with this kit?

I had the R1 kit front and rear on my Gen 2 and it was amazing. I just can’t see myself keeping stock brakes on the R, too much truck for the stock stoppers.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way that will fit under the factory wheels.

This looks like it’s a good option. Anyone have any experience with this kit?

I had the R1 kit front and rear on my Gen 2 and it was amazing. I just can’t see myself keeping stock brakes on the R, too much truck for the stock stoppers.

I had the R1’s and Brembos I liked them both.

I wonder if the Wilwood has a rear kit as well?

OP
OP
N

n2o

Reaction score
I didn’t see wheel size requirement, I’m guessing 20”. If Alcon comes with a kit, hopefully theirs will work with 18” wheels, that’s what I plan on running.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something that these brake kit manufacturers may not be aware of is that Gen 3s can set DTCs when larger calipers are installed. The Electric Brake Booster doesn’t like the addition fluid volume that is required to apply the pistons, so it thinks there is air trapped in the system. It’s been an issue with the Shelby upfitted trucks with the 6 piston calipers, and I’m not aware of a fix.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something that these brake kit manufacturers may not be aware of is that Gen 3s can set DTCs when larger calipers are installed. The Electric Brake Booster doesn’t like the addition fluid volume that is required to apply the pistons, so it thinks there is air trapped in the system. It’s been an issue with the Shelby upfitted trucks with the 6 piston calipers, and I’m not aware of a fix.

Yikes