Big Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAP is $438 front and $389 rear.

It's very straight forward. The brake maintenance mode is only needed for the rear because of the EPB, not the front so you're all good. You will need to bleed brakes once you're done since the front lines get replaced with the new kit. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.
Heya! So which willwood kits are compatible with Raptor R?

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The issue on the Raptor R has to do with it being a 2023 model and having different brake lines vs the 2021-22 model. That's the only unknown at this point.

So if I order steel brake lines from different company, which models are compatible with Raptor R? Can we use their BBK kits, if they have any?

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue on the Raptor R has to do with it being a 2023 model and having different brake lines vs the 2021-22 model. That's the only unknown at this point.

Seems like a simple obstacle to overcome, hopefully they figure it out soon!

Are there any rear kits for the 21+ Raptors? Seems like the Wilwood is only for the front.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. All R’s are the 2023 spec lines from what I understand.
Ahh, didn't realize you had an R. Thank you for clarifying.
Seems like a simple obstacle to overcome, hopefully they figure it out soon!

Are there any rear kits for the 21+ Raptors? Seems like the Wilwood is only for the front.
Negative. To my knowledge, no one is for the rear for the rear because of the electronic rear parking brake. Alcon, Brembo, and Wilwood do not offer any kits that will fit the 2019+ trucks on the rear once they started using the EPB. We've used R1 in the past, and they make a kit, however I've not heard yet about any offerings from them on the 2021+ trucks.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, didn't realize you had an R. Thank you for clarifying.

Negative. To my knowledge, no one is for the rear for the rear because of the electronic rear parking brake. Alcon, Brembo, and Wilwood do not offer any kits that will fit the 2019+ trucks on the rear once they started using the EPB. We've used R1 in the past, and they make a kit, however I've not heard yet about any offerings from them on the 2021+ trucks.
So you’re adding braking power to the front only?