GEN 2 Big Brake Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor404

Reaction score
I am not up to speed on any update R1 or its distributor has made since I placed/received my brakes. As far as braking performance goes it is a HUGE difference. And I am still using the stock rubber brakes lines. I am waiting for the steel braided lines from Evil/R1. Even if the new lines makes no difference, I am more than satisfied. To compare I have a McLaren with carbon brakes. The initial bite is pretty close from the "seat of the pants" feel as the Raptor. Obviously from there the McLaren will stop much quicker and with less fade.

For fitment... I got the 0 offset RRW wheels. There is plenty of room. Not even a chance the calipers will hit the inner rim. Now I am sure the 8 piston kit will be much tighter. If I am not mistaken another member has the 8 piston front with 6 piston rear.

If R1 is not making them anymore, its a shame as these are well worth the money. But call Evil Manufacturing. They can update you on the correct information. And I have as much physical/mental capacity these days as a toddler. But I was able to install these brakes in one day. Only mod was a simple trim of the rear dust shield. To compare, I am sure installing the Deaver springs will take longer. I had to order new bolts as I will have to cut the bolts to remove the leaf springs.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats good to know, front/rear brakes and new wheels that will fit is gonna be over 4-5k!

Raptor404

Reaction score
Thats good to know, front/rear brakes and new wheels that will fit is gonna be over 4-5k!

Give or take a couple hundred.

I actually bent down and looked at the brake. Approx. 3/16" to 1/4" clearance on the rear and 1/8" for the front. Just have to make sure to let the wheel shop know when they balance the wheels/tires to put the weights on the inside or outside of the wheel lip.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not up to speed on any update R1 or its distributor has made since I placed/received my brakes. As far as braking performance goes it is a HUGE difference. And I am still using the stock rubber brakes lines. I am waiting for the steel braided lines from Evil/R1. Even if the new lines makes no difference, I am more than satisfied. To compare I have a McLaren with carbon brakes. The initial bite is pretty close from the "seat of the pants" feel as the Raptor. Obviously from there the McLaren will stop much quicker and with less fade.

For fitment... I got the 0 offset RRW wheels. There is plenty of room. Not even a chance the calipers will hit the inner rim. Now I am sure the 8 piston kit will be much tighter. If I am not mistaken another member has the 8 piston front with 6 piston rear.

If R1 is not making them anymore, its a shame as these are well worth the money. But call Evil Manufacturing. They can update you on the correct information. And I have as much physical/mental capacity these days as a toddler. But I was able to install these brakes in one day. Only mod was a simple trim of the rear dust shield. To compare, I am sure installing the Deaver springs will take longer. I had to order new bolts as I will have to cut the bolts to remove the leaf springs.

Thx for the update! I spoke to Doug at EM, very nice dude. He isn't sure if the stock beadlock wheel will fit over the kit you have... do you happen to have a stock beadlock wheel? If you do, would you mind seeing if it clears front and rear? I know it's a lot to ask, but you could be our best hope :D

Raptor404

Reaction score
Mine did not come with the factory beadlock wheels. The other wheels that look like Honda Accord wheels.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone found a kit with Baer or Brembo? I like the Wildwood kits but have always had Brembo or Baer on my other cars and trucks. If anyone has info please let me know.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent multiple emails to baer and stoptech but no response. The alcons with the required tie rod modification come close to 7k.
You can buy the brembos but none fit with 17-19 inch wheels

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Are you saying that your Raptor now has a similar stopping power of your McLaren. If so that is impressive. The McLarens I have and have had will launch you out of the seat if not strapped in tight.

BTW, which McLaren do you have?

Raptor404

Reaction score
Are you saying that your Raptor now has a similar stopping power of your McLaren. If so that is impressive. The McLarens I have and have had will launch you out of the seat if not strapped in tight.

BTW, which McLaren do you have?

By "Initial bite" I am referring to the nose dive. But on performance not even close.

My parts for the steel braided lines are in. Don't expect a huge improvement from the factory rubber lines.