Big air in Stock Gen 2 at Raptor Takeover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The running boards were nearly touching the ground at landing.

Wanted to provide a nice contrast to the other Raptor jump video we all know....

The "other" was launched at least twice as high into the air. Not even close to the same.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The running boards were nearly touching the ground at landing.

The "other" was launched at least twice as high into the air. Not even close to the same.

No, at the take off point, they are about the same. There's a huge drop in the landing zone in your video which does increases the distance. However, more substantially, the Gen 1 was heavier, had smaller shocks, and landed badly. Primarily the fact it landed on one wheel.

Not sure why you are against a video showing a stock truck land a pretty gnarly jump, unless you just don't like the fact it is a Gen 2?

A friend, who owned Mjonir (a souped-up Gen 1) ended up getting a Gen 2. His words after seeing this video, were, I quote: "LOL - his rebound is higher than most others jump...if that right front survived, makes a strong argument against upgrading shocks on gen 2's"

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure why you are against a video showing a stock truck land a pretty gnarly jump

When did I say, or imply that? I'm just stating that the video of Gen 1 jump you referred to as "contrastable" with this one was actually way higher. The Gen 2 would have been severely damaged as well at that height.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love showing vids of the raptor sending it to the squirrels at work who are die hard chevy fans. Impressive that a landing that hard on oem suspension didn’t cause major damage. Can’t wait to get all of my new parts on this spring.