Bicycle rack for Carbon Wheels and other bicycle mounting options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcartelx

Reaction score
raptor_moab_1.jpg
In all my years transporting bikes like this we've only had one melted rim, which was an ENVE on a DH fork that sat very low with in a bed stacked with bikes. Just be careful that the wheel isn't directly in front of the exhaust and you've got little to worry about. We also often use a 4-bike 1UP rack when we're carrying a lot of bikes — the distance from the exhaust to the rack is plenty far enough away to prevent any damage even on long hauls from the Bay Area to Moab.

Reaction score
I have a 1up with no problems with carbon rims. I will be getting the Fox Overlander pad this Friday now that my kids are getting old enough to ride with me places and I will be able to easily slap 4 bikes in the back instead of adding racks on racks on racks. I'm pretty stoked on it. How easy is it to put the pad on/off, or do y'all keep it on all the time?

Green Goblin

Reaction score
I too use the pace Edwards bed cover with rails that hold the Thule bike rack. No carbon here though, just a good old cro-mo hardtail! Don’t hate. F56B3804-B1A0-4217-81C9-23799BE727BE.jpeg

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raptor_moab_1.jpg
In all my years transporting bikes like this we've only had one melted rim, which was an ENVE on a DH fork that sat very low with in a bed stacked with bikes. Just be careful that the wheel isn't directly in front of the exhaust and you've got little to worry about. We also often use a 4-bike 1UP rack when we're carrying a lot of bikes — the distance from the exhaust to the rack is plenty far enough away to prevent any damage even on long hauls from the Bay Area to Moab.

The Offering is a sick bike. I love how low the standover is, getting lateral is super easy on that thing.

jeanco

2019 scab=gone,24 AMB 801A
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never mess with those bolts. Really hate the star-nut design, they barely work as it is, not something I'd tension and release frequently. Constantly re-tensioning against a bearing can't be good either. I pull the front wheel when I want bike under bed cover.

the 2 small bolts on the side,allen keys,never had problem in 30 years.
keep the bike dry.