GEN 2 Bicycle in cabin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno guy...ratcheting straps? Bungees cords? Tie downs? Rope? Duct tape? Lol the options are endless

there are some good tie down points near the bottom back of cab & using the frames of front seats or door pillar grab handles

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Piece of plywood. Screw one of those front fork mounts on. Throw the front wheel in the bed.

Folding bike would work too haha

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks you two

Just wondering how you guys are doing it

Don't want to stow it in the bed

Just wondering how others are doing it - for ideas

OuIt's road bike, not a mountain bike
Weighs about 17 pounds

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks you two

Just wondering how you guys are doing it

Don't want to stow it in the bed

Just wondering how others are doing it - for ideas

OuIt's road bike, not a mountain bike
Weighs about 17 pounds

Are you concerned the bike will get stolen/damaged or do you just not have room in the bed? If you got a bed cover, you could keep the bike secure under there. If the bed is full for whatever reason, you could get a hitch mount bike rake. Mounting inside the cab seems like a bad idea, since you are likely to damage the interior over time.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As above, bad idea for theft obviously, if its temporary to get from point a to b, I would take the front wheel off and wrap the bike in a moving blanket or similar, and wrap the wheel, use one of the seatbelts to keep it from flying around in an accident.

xcartelx

Reaction score
I travel often between the Bay Area and San Diego and almost always have at least two bikes with me: a road or gravel bike, and an enduro MTB.

First, invest in some wheel bags if you haven't already — the padded ones are best, and make sure you buy the appropriate size for the wheel you have, e.g., a 29" wheel with a 2.5 will require a slightly higher volume bag.

With the front wheels off and the bikes placed in opposing direction it fits no problem with a 54cm road bike and a Large Evil Following. I'm just unloading from a trip so it's a little messy, but here's an image for reference:

bikes2.jpg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t start with a SCAB that’s for sure

OP
OP
hedonist222

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you concern the bike will get stolen/damaged or do you just not have room in the bed? If you got a bed cover, you could keep the bike secure under there. If the bed is full for whatever reason, you could get a hitch mount bike rake. Mounting inside the cab seems like a bad idea, since you are likely to damage the interior over time.

Not worried about theft. Just dislike the idea of all that dust/sand (I live in a desert) just blasting at the frame and getting into nooks and crannies unnecessarily.

I'll post a photograph later but the way I slide the bicycle does little damage to interior.

As above, bad idea for theft obviously, if its temporary to get from point a to b, I would take the front wheel off and wrap the bike in a moving blanket or similar, and wrap the wheel, use one of the seatbelts to keep it from flying around in an accident.

A moving blanket is a great idea to reduce any wear on the interior.
Thanks!

I travel often between the Bay Area and San Diego and almost always have at least two bikes with me: a road or gravel bike, and an enduro MTB.

First, invest in some wheel bags if you haven't already — the padded ones are best, and make sure you buy the appropriate size for the wheel you have, e.g., a 29" wheel with a 2.5 will require a slightly higher volume bag.

With the front wheels off and the bikes placed in opposing direction it fits no problem with a 54cm road bike and a Large Evil Following. I'm just unloading from a trip so it's a little messy, but here's an image for reference:

bikes2.jpg

Thanks.
At one point I'll need to transport both my road and mountain bicycle.
This photograph was helpful.