Bfg stocker vs Bfg 37 vs Toyo 37

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pro comp 7032 wheels. -6 offset. My Icons are set somewhere between mid and top perch. I have hammered the pinch welds flat and a little trimming - see pic. No rubbing. But no offroading yet. Maybe Stoner can provide some further insights on that. I love the look. Ford should have made these the stock tire. []

Thanks for the feedback and the pic! Stupid question....what am I looking at exactly? I assume the rear wheel well? Honestly, I wasn't too worried about the rear as there had seemed to be plenty of clearance, I was more concerned about the front at full lock. With my Toyos/ProComps, there's maybe 2.5 - 3" of clearance at the tightest point when turning the wheels side to side. But it sounds like I'll have to worry about rear wheel clearance as well? I'm not doing any super hardcore wheeling or jumping but I don't want to be shredding tires or crunching bodywork either.

Also, your wheels at -6 do have more negative offset than mine at 0, so I'm wondering if I can get away with any trimming/hammering, etc if I do decide to go with 37s?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing if you have rubbing (or how much you have) after your first off-road trip.
TOYO 37's FTW!

No rubbing issues over 3 days while extreme testing the new setup jumping around TRR this year
I am really not sure this is the right comparison. BlackMamba is still running stock fenders and you have Boatecs. Your Toyos would definitely cause issues with the stock fenders.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the front passenger side tire looking back towards the passenger door. Trimmed off the end of the flare and a little fiberglass.

I have not done anything in the rear yet - may flatten the pinch welds back there if I see any evidence of rubbing when compressed.

You may not need to do any hammering/trimming in the front with 0 offset and 36.3s if just for street use. But probably an issue in the dirt. I plan on bringing my dremel the next time I am out playing.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing if you have rubbing (or how much you have) after your first off-road trip.

I am really not sure this is the right comparison. BlackMamba is still running stock fenders and you have Boatecs. Your Toyos would definitely cause issues with the stock fenders.

Indeed! Must get glass with TOYO 37's, and hammer pinch welds too. The works! Worth it

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few Raptors successfully running 37's with stock fenders, most of those are running the stock wheels. I think wheel offset and tire width (13.5 for Toyo) are the deciding factors for 37" tire clearance.

pickles1298

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran 37x 12.5x17 General grabbers on Walker Evans with 4.75 back spacing. I did run them at TRR, but I was cautious on big hits, as I knew that they would rub if compressed hard. Stock suspension top perch. I did trim the rear of the front flairs on both sides and was running with the swaybar connected. So I would call it a "betweener" of mild off road and hard off road. I had no issues with rubbing. So in short if your looking to do mild off roading, and spend 90% of your time on the street, 37x12.5s will work for you just fine with top perch and the right offset wheel.

If your thinking you are going to do hard off roading with 37s, then really you need at the least, front fenders.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do the baja t/a projects really suck for the street, i'm amazed to hear that considering a good portion of the baja 1000 is on pavement, they don't look like they would be that bad on the street either

The Baja T/A tires were definitely not designed for street use. They don't have any siping on them so forget about traction in any kind of wet conditions. They have some pretty good road noise to them. The flat spots typically roll out pretty quick, but the first few miles are pretty fun. Lol. They don't wear all that great...I think I got 20,000 miles out of a set when I had them. At almost 800 bucks a tire...they are not worth it for a truck you will be driving frequently. The Baja's seem to do well on the street during the Baja 1000 because you are seeing trucks that 100 percent dialed for racing and drivers that are accustomed to driving in low traction conditions. No abs, no traction control, no computers to temporarily cut power and freak out the driver when traction is non existent. That being said, they work EXTREMELY well off road and if your truck is strictly an offroad play toy they are the best tire out there. They look pretty cool too... haha.

If you drive your truck on the street and take it out in the dirt, I would highly recommend the Toyo's. They are the best all around tire and we typically see a ton of mileage out of them.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Sorry Black Mamba, I've been really busy trying to get Birdman to ban me!!!

First off I hate the stock compound BFG's that Ford puts on...horrible! I was weary of going to the 37 BFG AT because of that but decided I would run the AT on the street and save the 37" Projects for the dirt...because they suck for driving around town. Flat spots and noise mostly. It doesn't rain much here but when it did driving on Projects was interesting to say the least.

After taking the 37" BFG AT's off road a few times I have to say they are my favorite all around tire! I have had General Grabbers and Nitto Trail Grappler(Toyo MT) both in 35" on my old 5.4 and they were nice but nothing great. The BFG is awesome on road and can definitely hold its own offload. For offload I prefer the Projects....nothing like seeing a pile of rocks knowing you can plow right through with no issues!!

BTW I am still running stock fenders and liners with Method Standards, RPG UCA's and Fox 3.0's. No issues with rubbing or damage to the fenders. That's with 37x13.50 BFG Projects. Corey did a good job trimming everything that was in the way.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After taking the 37" BFG AT's off road a few times I have to say they are my favorite all around tire! I have had General Grabbers and Nitto Trail Grappler(Toyo MT) both in 35" on my old 5.4 and they were nice but nothing great. The BFG is awesome on road and can definitely hold its own offload. For offload I prefer the Projects....nothing like seeing a pile of rocks knowing you can plow right through with no issues!!

BTW I am still running stock fenders and liners with Method Standards, RPG UCA's and Fox 3.0's. No issues with rubbing or damage to the fenders. That's with 37x13.50 BFG Projects. Corey did a good job trimming everything that was in the way.

Agree re all-around statement. The tire definitely has some short-comings, but it made the most sense for me based on my typical use of the truck.

I still hate rocks but note that my experience at TRR this year was much improved. The 3.0s make such a difference - instead of bouncing and spinning through the rocky sections I was able to stay planted and go faster. Much better on my lower back and a lot less chunking of the BFGs.

Good to hear re stock fenders and liners. I assume I have some more trimming to do once I experiment in the dirt, but the Dremel is ready.

One thing I have noticed is that my Raptor is getting second looks again. So many Raptors in Houston - nobody seems impressed anymore. But the bigger tires definitely make it stand out. Good for my fragile ego. Ha.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long look. Look away. Then turn back to have another look. That's the kind of attention hot chicks get haha. Gotta love it.